Thursday, January 6, 2011

TE Sneak Peek: A Little Love & Kid at Heart


ThursdayJanuary6

Welcome to our 3rd day of sneak peeks with Taylored Expressions!!  Today we have 3 more sets to share with you and I have 2 projects using 2 of the sets to share! 

 

 

mtchbox treat

My first project is some Valentine’s matchbox treats with a sweet surprise inside using A Little Love, a sweet set which coordinates with the favor frame die illustrated by Taylor herself for the TE stamp collection.  I also used the new Valentine’s Project Pantry that you can learn more about all the contents on Taylor’s blog.  I just adore the papers which are We R Memory Keepers Be My Valentine collection.

matchbox inside

This is a very easy mass produced treat you can make for your kid’s classmates if they allow candy treats or your co-workers.  I kept the outside very simple to show you that your treats don’t need to be super fancy to pack a big punch!  Here is a picture of the inside where I put a little sentiment. 

loads of love

The next project is a personal favorite of mine, using a sketch I grabbed from my sketchbook (by SU!) and made a cute boy themed card using the new set Kid at Heart which was also illustrated by Taylor!  It is an adorable solid image set with coordinating sentiments to appeal to kids of ALL ages, you know most of us are really kids at heart anyway right?  I know I am. I used papers from the Echo Park Little Boy Collection which is super fun!  I put Christmas red stickles on the hearts in the back of the dump truck.  This card is going to be sent to my adorable nephew Joey for Valentine’s Day. I bet he’ll love it (especially because I will put MONEY! inside) IMG_1555 Here is a cute picture I took of him playing with his new dump truck when they visited in November, my DMIL gave it to him (his Gramma Donna).  This was taken the last day they were here when we decided to stay at the house until we had to drive them to the airport.  We walked around the property and collected pretty rocks and then they played in the dirt and HAD A LOT OF FUN!  It happened to be the MOST fun they had and it made my heart happy!  I see a scrapbook page in the near future with this picture.  I wish I had snapped more of him playing with the dump truck. 

Here are a list of all the blogs to check out to see all the inspiration using the 3 featured sets today, as well as the Valentine project pantry!   Remember all the offerings will be available to purchase in the TE Store tomorrow, Friday Jan 7 at 10:00 a.m. central time!!  See ya tomorrow for the final peeks which will include our new guest designer Lea!!

Charmaine Ikach
Danielle Lounds
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Regina Mangum
Sankari Wegman
Tori Wild
Taylor VanBruggen

Pin It

12 comments on "TE Sneak Peek: A Little Love & Kid at Heart"

Taylor on 10:49 AM CST said...

Super cute, Donna! Love the sweet simplicity of the dump truck card with all the coordinating squares!

Unknown on 12:03 PM CST said...

I love the matchbox treats~great idea for the kids :)

Karen Giron on 1:02 PM CST said...

So cute Donna - I love how special that card is for your nephew! Adorable!

Sherry on 1:07 PM CST said...

The boxes are so cut e and I love the truck thanks for sharing

Unknown on 1:15 PM CST said...

Adorable Donna-- I love matchbox treats and I always forget about them-- that may need to be a little Valentine project for my daycare kids!!

Lea L. on 1:25 PM CST said...

So cute! Love the cute little match box candy holders! ♥♥♥

Regina Mangum on 2:16 PM CST said...

Just adorable, Donna! I love how cute these turned out! XOXO

Big Mamma~ a.k.a. Mary S on 3:57 PM CST said...

What a cute little box. Great project.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:23 PM CST said...

Donna, I love the little treats! How CUTE! That dump truck card takes the cake though! I just ADORE those paper squares along the truck's path! TOO CUTE!

Karen Motz on 8:43 AM CST said...

LOVE the truck card with those fun colourful squares and I'm sure your nephew will love it too!!

Rose Ann on 2:57 PM CST said...

Your matchbox treats are so SWEET, and I totally love the dumptruck card!! I love that precious photo too!!

Jessie/knightrone on 10:16 PM CST said...

LOVE all of this...ALL of it!!

Post a Comment