Wednesday, February 2, 2011

TE Sneak Peek Day 2: Fashionista & Wreath of Luck


February2
So glad you’ve joined us for Day 2 sneak peeks with Taylored Expressions!  On the menu today, we have 1 full size and 1 petite set and a Lucky Sampler to get you ready for St. Patrick’s Day projects! 

fashionista day 2For my first project, I have a card to share with you using Fashionista, a new set in the Apple Doodle, Ink line of stamps featuring TEna!  She is one hot chick in her cute dress and knee high boots, eh?  This card was a lot of fun since I love combining sets, I paired her with Window Shopping for the BIG SHOE SALE she is eyeing!  On the inside of the card there is a sentiment that says, “when I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes” isn’t that too funny?  I can’t say it’s me because I am not much of a shoe person, or shopping person for that matter but this is still a FUN set for me to play with because I do have some gal friends this card would be perfect to send/give to, especially if I want to slip in a gift card.
wreath treat
For my second project, I have a St. Patrick’s Day treat to share with you using the new Wreath of Luck petite set illustrated by Nancy McKinney for the Whimsical Wishes line.  I am also using products that will be available in the Lucky Sampler that will be available in a limited quantity on Friday for release day!  I had fun coloring this wreath, which was die cut using the wreath die.  I added some ribbon and a little stamped horseshoe from the set to the bottom of the wreath.  Inside the favor treat are some green key lime life savers (sorry I forgot to photograph that).  I used some sticky tape on the bottom of the favor and adhered some of the green sparkly fluff that comes in the sampler for a fun border. 

Be sure to check out all the stamping goodness the Baker’s Dozen have to share with you today:

Supplies:
Stamps: Fashionista, Window Shopping
Cardstock: Choice Snow White; October Afternoon Cherry Hill pattern paper
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique linen distress ink
Accessories: Crystal Twinkles, Copic Markers, silver brads, twine, oval punch, copic atyou spica glitter pens
Pin It

10 comments on "TE Sneak Peek Day 2: Fashionista & Wreath of Luck"

Lori on 10:32 AM CST said...

Love the shop window! The sentiment sounds perfect! Your wreath of luck is super cute, too. Key lime life savers-how fun.

Karen Giron on 10:46 AM CST said...

Your boutique is darling - love the paper pieced awning and the sign hanging in the window!

Jodi Collins on 10:48 AM CST said...

She is SUPER sweet Donna! LOVE the boutique you created!!!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:57 PM CST said...

Super sweet Donna!!

Rose on 1:01 PM CST said...

Both cards are adorable love TEna in her boots, and I love all things IRISH. Beautiful work.

Melissa Sauls on 2:01 PM CST said...

Oh Donna, beautiful scene with Tena! I tell ya, this set cracks me up....maybe because I totally relate, lol! And what a cute Patty Day treat! I think we were on the same wavelength with the wreath and horseshoe! :)

Natalie on 12:10 AM CST said...

Fun card and treats!! Love the design work and coloring!

Regina Mangum on 8:14 PM CST said...

Donna, these are both so cute. I love the shop window and the way you put the horse shoe inside the wreath...so cute! XOXO

Karen Motz on 2:33 PM CST said...

These are adorable Donna!! LOVE the little sale sign in the shop window!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:54 AM CST said...

I LOVE her paper pieced dress, Donna! Fabulous! ANd your treat is adorable!

Post a Comment