Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday Night Sew In Results!!


dinner

We had so much fun with Friday Night Sew In!  Stephanie is on the left and Megan on the right – they braved the rain on the drive over.  We had vegetarian chili and multi-grain bread for dinner. and red wine.  yum.

 

steph cutting

Once dinner was over, Megan got a tour of the house.  Then, we went to work setting up.  It was hard getting started at first because Megan wanted to hear the story of how John and I met and well, that took a while.  Funny.  It was the 2nd time today I told our love story.  it was nice reminiscing. 

 

pillow case

Megan was the first to complete her project – she made a pillow case for her little girl’s doll bed.  She was thrilled to learn a new technique! 

 

 

hobby lobby

Here is Megan ‘shopping’ in my stamp room!  When she was done sewing, she moved on to her next project but I didn’t get a picture of it.  She is decorating alphabet letters for her daughter’s room – so cute.  I told her to check out my goodies to add to her letters like flowers, buttons etc.  She was like a kid in a candy store!

megan dessert

For dessert we had chocolate sponge cake yum!  I covered it with strawberries and fresh whipped cream.  delicious, can you tell?  Can you see Stephanie in the background?  She is ironing. 

 

 

Megan brought a bag of these!  O.M.G. – they are dangerous!  I love them – ate too many.  Megan said we can have more for breakfast.  ha.    Stephanie also brought some strawberry cupcakes with homemade frosting her dmil made.  Yum!!  Lots of goodies!!

 

 

 

makeup bag

I tried making this cute thread catcher but had a hard time with it (think I sewed some on backward) so I abandoned that idea and moved onto making a black and white makeup bag for my sister Deana (at her request because I made her a tissue holder with this fabric for her birthday and she liked it!)  This is a good standby project, one I know I can complete in a decent amount of time.  At least I got to cross one thing off my To Do List!  Mission accomplished.  Lots of fun tonight with these gals!!  It’s almost 12:30 in the morning, nearly time to go to bed! 

I plan to sew the rest of the weekend so it may be a while before I post again so I can devote some time to knock a few more things off my to do list!

Thanks for stopping by – hope you have a great weekend!!

Pin It

10 comments on "Friday Night Sew In Results!!"

Madeleen on 1:27 AM CST said...

LOL those M&M's look yummy! It looks like you ladies had loads of fun! Enjoy your 'sewing' weekend Donna!

The Thompsons on 5:01 PM CST said...

How fun to do the sew-in with friends! Great conversation, projects and yummy goodness :)

Leah on 10:55 AM CST said...

OH Sounds like fun... I love sewing nights...

Unknown on 11:34 AM CST said...

Great job! And I guess you had a lot of fun too...

Michelle on 2:38 PM CST said...

Looks like a fun night! You're right, those mint M&Ms are evilly good. So yummy and so hard to resist. Your bag is darling!!

hafza on 8:11 PM CST said...

Love the fabric that you used for the makeup bag!! the chocolate sponge cake looks so yummy ... how fun to have friends around...

Jody Herbert on 9:17 PM CST said...

Wow - sounds like you girls had a fantastic FNSI! All that yummy food too...mmmmm...getting hungry just reading about it! Love the makeup bag - that fabric is great!

Melanie on 9:27 AM CST said...

hat a fun night!! Everything looks great love that bag you made and those m&m's are way too tempting!!

Donna Baker on 6:50 PM CST said...

test

miatagal on 3:16 PM CDT said...

Donna,

I'm wild about all of your cards! Thanks for the inspiration. Sounds like you had such a fun night.

Post a Comment