Thursday, February 16, 2012

Patriotic Thinking of You


thinking of you

My friend Maria  (from CA **waving** she reads my blog) called me a few weeks ago out of the blue to ask me to make her a card to send to her sister-in-law who is stationed overseas.  I immediately thought of this card I had seen posted on Pinterest, by Chris Simon and I emailed it to her and she really liked it so here it is!  I love making quick & easy cards!  I’m sure her sister-in-law will appreciate it and is ready to come back home to her family! 

The card base is Kraft (my favorite), and I used Red Hot, White Pure Luxury by Gina K.  The blue is Stampin’ Up! because I needed a more true blue for the patriotic colors.  The Thinking Of You is from the Various Verses set.  I love the combo print/script letters.  I used my small star punch by SU! and popped up the panels with foam dots.

I am excited for this Friday – it’s FRIDAY NIGHT SEW IN (there are already 119 people committed to sew the night away) and I’m having my best friend Stephanie and her friend Megan come over to sew with me and have a sleepover!  John will be out of town so it was perfect timing; I won’t have to be alone although it never bothers me to be.  I love it out in the country and feel safe here. We did this back in August and we had intentions since then but you know, the holidays got in the way!  I’m not entirely sure what I will work on, I have SO many projects!!  One is a quilt with some of my favorite Michael Miller Fairy Frost fabrics. Then I have my Free Motion Quilt Challenge I can work on for February.  Then there are new fabrics by Malka Dubrawsky (who happens to be an Austinite) called Stitch in Color that I fell in LOVE with, and there are countless projects for others I have to do.  What to do, what to do.  I better decide quick huh? 

Thanks for stopping by – hope you have a great day! 

Pin It

5 comments on "Patriotic Thinking of You"

Sue W. on 8:34 AM CST said...

Cute card and perfect for my son-in-law!

Madeleen on 10:19 PM CST said...

Beautiful card Donna! I love the stars with the red, white and blue panels!

sarah on 10:47 AM CST said...

Luv this card!!My Hubby is sooo Patriotic, so if U don't me borrowing this idea to make him a card..thx.. 4~sharin..great job!!
texasgrama7@gmail.com

Maria said...

Thanks D! The card looks great and I'm sure she'll love it. We just received our Girl Scout cookie order that will be sent along with the card.

Maria Matter on 9:49 PM CST said...

such an awesome design Donna, love this!!

Post a Comment