Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Zebra-loving Birthday Girl


zebra
This post is almost 4 months overdue.  That seems to be how I roll lately, ha.  This is a card and gift I made for our niece Taylor, who turned 18 this past November.  It’s so hard to believe!  She was born pre-mature, a little fighter from the beginning who I believe weighed under 3 lbs!  I have seen her grow up from a rambunctious, talkative, sweet little 4 yr old to a beautiful, still talkative, **dramatic and sweet young lady!   Taylor has hopes of becoming an actress, and I do believe she would do very well at it** wink. 
taylor zebra
Here is a picture of the birthday girl at her party.  We all went to San Antonio to the Magic Time Machine, it was a fun time.  She squealed with delight when she saw the Zebra card, scarf and fingerless gloves I made her because she LOVES Zebra.  It was real easy to make the scarf, I just put 2 layers of fleece wrong sides together and sewed down the middle then cut 1” strips on both sides.  If I make this type of scarf again, I would put sew more than 2 layers of fleece though, to make it more fluffy. 
When I asked Taylor if she was getting lots of use out of the scarf and gloves, she said, “yes I am , I love them Sooooo much ! They go well with my pink boots ! Ahhha”
The card was made using Gina K Designs Jumping for Joy stamp set.  The cardstock is Passionate Pink, White and Black Onyx pure luxury.  I stamped sentiments & confetti from the set onto the pink layer and the ribbon is black gingham
I just love it when I can coordinate my handmade gifts with my handmade cards – it makes it that much more special.  Pin It

2 comments on "Zebra-loving Birthday Girl"

Rosy Newlun on 5:14 AM CST said...

Hi, Donna (I'm still awake here). Your niece sounds like a lovely young, and fun lady! With you are the super hip and generous aunty! The card is super with that giraffe, and your giraffe gloves are beautiful! How great your family sounds! With love, rosy

Michelle on 8:21 AM CDT said...

Fun gift and an adorable card to go with it.

Post a Comment