Saturday, February 25, 2012

SFYTT and a beautiful Sunset!


Feb12SFYTT
Hi there!  I thought it was about time I stamped a card since it’s been a while!  I have to stay on track for each month’s Sketch For You to Try on Jen’s blog and I only had until 5 more days to go to get it done for February! 
I also used the StampTV challenge hosted by Regina Hardy this week to distress (easy enough!) I love sponging and distressing the edge of my cardstock with my distress tool.  I used the old typewriter image from the current StampTV kit True Love.  It’s so cute, and thought it would go well with my Circa 1934 papers by Cosmo Cricket.  I used pure luxury cardstock in lipstick red, black onyx and ivory.  I embellished each circle punch with a mini brad.  This layout was real fun to do!  

You should check out the challenges each week at StampTV, which are now hosted by StampTVfans!  You can win a grab bag of stamps from Gina K for free and you don't have to use GKD stamps, but if you do...your name gets put in the drawing twice!  Sweet deal.  Speaking of sweet deals, did you know each week on Monday Lee posts a DT Fan Mail thread where the Gina K designers offer up a card to be sent to our fans?  All you have to do is comment on all the cards and mention which is your favorite and the drawing is random so if your name is drawn, the designer will send you their card!!  It's so fun to get something in the mail isn't it?  Here is a link to this week's offerings so you can check it out. Just be sure to check the Big News thread each Monday and on Friday, the winner is chosen so be sure to check back to see because if you win, you are responsible to contact the designer directly (their emails are in the thread) with your mailing address.  Here is a link to the winner thread too.  If you like my card and would like for me to send it to you, try your chance at winning it this week because I am offering it up as DT fan mail on Monday!

Personal Stuff:  This may not be news to some of my readers, sunsetbut I just wanted to address why my blog posts are so sporadic especially to my new readers/followers.  I work full-time outside the home at a wonderful company, a job I prayed for and am so blessed to be a part of.  However, it is 37+ miles from home, in a great area of town so almost 2 hours of my day is spent commuting.  I am not complaining, it’s been a great opportunity to listen to audio books, pray and chat on the phone with family & friends when I remember to charge my blue tooth for hands free safe driving!  The downfall is all the time because I work early hours, when I get home I have cooking, cleaning and spending time with my dear husband and an early bed time, so it doesn’t leave much time for stamping or other things I love do to Mon through Thu.  I usually do the bulk of my creative stuff on the weekends.  I also am on the computer a LOT at work so lots of days, I don’t even boot up my laptop at home. 
The other night John had a really stressful day at work and because of how we designed our home (we have 39 windows) that is on 2 1/2 acres in the country, when I walk through the house, I can see the sun setting through our bedroom window (it backs up to 300+ acres) and I caught a beautiful sunset that we just HAD to enjoy!  So, we spent some time out on our deck enjoying it and chatting about his day.  I snapped a few photos because I wanted to share it with you too.  Life is too short sometimes to spend it in front of the computer, or in my stamp room or hunched over my sewing machine.  Sometimes I just want to get out and enjoy the beauty around us, that God has blessed us with.  This was one of those times, I have them more often lately and just wanted you to know why I don’t post that often. 
What is something that makes you stop ‘doing’ that you don’t want to miss out on?  Pin It

0 comments on "SFYTT and a beautiful Sunset!"

Post a Comment