Saturday, March 7, 2009

Fun with ATC and < 30 Min Card Doodlefactory-Style!


Have you even seen the cuteness that is Doodlefactory Easter yet?? You still have a few more HOURS to get in the drawing for a free set at the Starving Artistamps blog! Go there after you see what I made using the set!! The Ways to Use it challenge {WT208} on SCS this Thursday was to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card 2.5" x 3.5" canvas) which I think are a lot of fun to make! Mine showcases the adorable Georgie popping out of the easter egg excited bunny-style! I got my inspiration for the colors from the ribbon below that I got from my sweet friend Lee (a fellow lover of pink & brown!)
and here is Georgie on a full-sized card pairing it with papers from the DCWV Sweet stack, an assortment of sweets and fun patterns using sweet colors!! I ust love the sentiment, 'where's the chocolate' from Doodlefactory All About Easter set. See the inspiration ribbon I got the colors for this card from? It really IS sweet and ties in the spots on the egg!

For those of you who have seen Georgie is facing right in the set and wonder how I got him facing left to work with the egg, I used a mirror image stamp (it's a solid stamp). You just ink your image and stamp on the mirror image and stamp on your paper. I usually get a much lighter shade than the ink I'm using so after I color, I usually will go over the image with a permanent marker (in this case in Savannah, GA I found a great art supply store and got a nice brown pen, it's made by Faber-Castell-it's Indian Ink, waterproof). I think it really makes him pop because it's darker than my coloring.

My next card I made for the Limited Supplies challenge on SCS - {LSC210} to make a card in 30 mins or less and I thought the safest way for me to pull that feat off since it takes me much longer than that nowadays, was to make a one-layer card. Uses Gina K's base weight white cardstock which is sturdy, takes ink like a dream and there is no bleed through with coloring. On this card, I used all of Georgie (on the left) and his girlfriend Freckles who he is presenting with a flower from his garden. The sentiment is also from All About Easter. Like their fuzzy tails? I searched high & low for my pink pom poms but ever found them. However I realized I had some white felt and it serves the same purpose. I like to improvise like that. They are colored with peerless watercolors.

Hope you enjoyed these fun Easter images! I'll have more to share this week! In case you don't win the DF set, you can always go shopping with a 10% discount code {savetendb} in the store for any Starving Artistamps or Doodlefactory stamps!
Pin It

11 comments on "Fun with ATC and < 30 Min Card Doodlefactory-Style!"

Lauri on 9:00 PM CST said...

These easter images are so so cute!!! I love how you pulled it all together using the ribbon as inspiration for the colors! okay...now I will go over there to check out the whole set!

DoodleFactory on 10:33 PM CST said...

I think one of the things I love about your cards is that you really do tell as story or create a scene, even with your simplest layouts.

Also, I'm glad the card made it to you. The papers were a bit of an afterthought and not nearly as fun as the package you sent, but it was only right that I share since you said you couldn't find the green stack at a good price.

Cat Tidwell on 6:24 AM CDT said...

These all are sooo awesome Donna! Love Georgia coming out of the egg and that last card is just too stinking cute!

Barbara Schram on 12:10 PM CDT said...

LOVE that cracked egg...so cool! And that one layer card is absolutely wonderful, Donna! Fantastic coloring and have to say I am partial to the hunny bunny sentiment!

Jessie/knightrone on 2:20 PM CDT said...

Totally cute Donna!!

Rose Ann on 4:23 PM CDT said...

Both of these are so cute, Donna!! I love your cracked eggs and fab papers on the first...and the cute fuzzy tails on the second. (Need to order these cuties).

Anki on 6:24 PM CDT said...

Very cute and also funny! Love your DPs on the first one. Sending you warm greetings from a cold Sweden - Anki

Anonymous said...

All your cards are super cute! You are so creative!

Anonymous said...

Love the bunnies! Too cute. And how adorable are those bunny tails?

Unknown on 7:04 AM CDT said...

Hi just doing my blog rounds. I just love all the cute easter cards you've made & stamps are all just so adorable aren't they... really need to get my sticky little fingers on a set :-)

Sharri on 7:15 AM CDT said...

Those bunnies are just adorable! Love both cards!

Post a Comment