Wednesday, March 25, 2009

StampTV video: Using Bleach


It’s been forever since I’ve used bleach with my stamping, so when Gina planned on sharing a video using the technique on StampTV today, I definitely wanted to play along!!

bleach lilies

I stamped the image from Easter Blessings with VersaMark ink & embossed with black detail embossing powder.  I chose to ‘paint’ my Easter Lilies with bleach on kraft cardstock; testing it first since it’s a light color I wasn’t sure how much of a difference the bleach would make.  I sure like the subtle change, the lilies are a pale peach color.  I colored in the leaves & grass with my peerless watercolors, I love how they look on kraft, I hadn’t tried that before and know it won’t be the last time either!  I chose to keep my card layers & embellishments to a minimum to have a somewhat Clean & Simple card!!  I love the look of the three neutrals: black, white & kraft! 

I hope you have a chance to check out Gina’s new video and play along!  If you upload a card using the technique and upload on stampTV before next week Wednesday, you will be eligible to win a free stamp set valued at $24.95 or less!  Sweet! 

Thanks for visiting me today – see y’all soon! 

Pin It

7 comments on "StampTV video: Using Bleach"

Anonymous said...

Your card came out so pretty Donna! I love the colors you chose! Rockstar!

Unknown on 10:00 AM CDT said...

What a lovely card... never realised just how well green & black go together. xx

Anonymous said...

so elegant! bleaching IS fun, you never know what color to expect! love your tuft of grass

melanie m

Julia Aston on 1:47 PM CDT said...

Love the effect of the bleach on the kraft and it looks super against the green - love the cuttled bg too!

Kerry Johnson on 3:51 PM CDT said...

Donna this is gorgeous!! I love the look that the bleach gave the lilies! Thanks SO much for your kind comment on my blog and thank you for your vote - both mean the world to me!

Alex on 8:57 PM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann on 9:54 AM CDT said...

This is so beautiful, and you've done a wonderful job with the technique!! Love this!!

Post a Comment