Monday, July 12, 2010

Christmas in July


pink snowflakes

I know it’s just July and who wants to be thinking about Christmas, right?  Well, it’s not that much of a bad thing especially if you have a LOT of Christmas cards to send out!  In fact, there are a few monthly challenges out there that encourage you to make holiday cards ALL year so that by December 1st, you may have them all done!  HA – well, in theory it is quite a good idea but I am not that organized of a person!  In fact, since we will be in our new house by then, I am thinking of making plans to have a picture done of us at the new house so I may get out of making cards all together!  Now that’s a novel idea (and stress-free too)!!

Well, my card today is a card I made using Melanie’s new set for Gina K. Designs called Fun Year Round, a fabulous circle background stamp and images/sentiments to fill them with!  But, I used just the snowflake images and Let it Snow sentiment to make a Christmas card!  I also used the poppin’ pastels technique, which I haven’t done in a long time.  First, I stamped the images with white craft ink on chocolate brown cardstock and then used various shades of pink chalk to rub the images to make them pop!  The card base is Innocent Pink and I used pink organdy gold lined ribbon from the romance collection as well as a mega bling rhinestone brad.

Have you checked out Gina’s StampTV technique videos lately?  This month, she is using the special edition StampTV kit called Blessed is the Season to bring you a special Christmas in July series sharing different techniques to inspire you to get some of your Christmas cards done!  Check them out!!

Pin It

2 comments on "Christmas in July"

Michelle on 1:04 PM CDT said...

Very pretty Christmas card. I like the soft pink, it's different and sweet.

Lori on 11:21 AM CDT said...

Great Christmas card, Donna! I agree you may want to just send out the pic of the new house type of card. You'll be to busy with new home stuff, to make cards. **wink**

Post a Comment