Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop: Berries & Cherries


Since it's the middle of Summer, I wanted my blast from the past to be Berries & Cherries* - who couldn't use a little chocolate covered something every now & then?  I know I could right about now!  Making this card got me craving a little chocolate too!  I used the newly released Summertime Project Pantry kit for my card (which I think goes really well - isn't the liner of the sweet treat cute paper-pieced with the paper in the kit?

Here's a close up of the chocolate covered cherry on my card - to show you the delicious shine from the Glossy Accents I used, I just love it!  My card uses the layout that fellow Bakers Dozen design team member created just for us (if we wanted to use it) for the hop!  I attached a picture of the sketch if you'd like to play along too - isn't it fun? 

There's more: we'll be drawing one random winner to receive a FREE Taylored Expressions stamp set of your choice from all the participants in the blog hop below and we'll also be choosing another creation to be featured in an upcoming TE newsletter.  So, if you're not participating this time, you can next month, when we hop again so take out your TE stamps (or buy some now so you can play next month!)  Be sure to check out all the great creations below:
*Berries & Cherries is currently out of stock - click here to be notified when it is back in stock!

Pin It

27 comments on "TE Blast from the Past Blog Hop: Berries & Cherries"

Banu on 10:54 AM CDT said...

WOW..really cool card. Loved the use of glossy accents...really makes the image stand out.

Cassie on 11:10 AM CDT said...

Ooo I love it, Donna! I just got this set and can't wait to ink it up ;D

Anonymous said...

very cute thanks for sharing

Lea L. on 11:24 AM CDT said...

This is so cute!! I love the sweet colors and patterns you used here!

♥♥♥Lea

Jodi Collins on 11:51 AM CDT said...

SUPER sweet Donna! I almost used this set! LOVE the papers too!!

Alex Maldonado on 12:31 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous Donna!! and don't you just looooove these yummy papers? You totally rocked this set my friend!!

Hugs!!

RiNNE on 12:32 PM CDT said...

Great take on the sketch! And that glossy detail is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful Donna! Thanks for the inspiration.

Harriet Skelly on 2:16 PM CDT said...

Hi Donna - this is so yummy - I just love that chocolate covered cherry! Great card!

Lori on 3:07 PM CDT said...

Yum, now I just have to have some chocolate! Thanks a lot Donna! Just kidding, your card is so sweet! I have this set and it's on my desk for a project I'm working on. Coming soon, to a blog near you....

DG on 3:12 PM CDT said...

This is so perfect with the Glossy Accents added!

Tracy on 3:20 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna this looks so real! I love this paper - it's so versitile. I need this set!!

Ashley Newell on 3:55 PM CDT said...

This is so sweet and yummy! I love the colors!

Rose Ann on 7:53 PM CDT said...

This looks so yummy with the Glossy Accents, Donna...and I love the pretty papers too!!

Karen Motz on 8:14 PM CDT said...

You knocked this out of the park!!! I love everything about this card, especially the sweet paper pieced liner!!!

Karen Giron on 8:21 PM CDT said...

Oh wow, Donna - I love this! We were definitely thinking along the same lines today, haha! Love the papers you chose and that delicious looking cherry!! Super cute!!

Kristie W. on 9:21 PM CDT said...

So cute, this is another must have set! The sentiment made me giggle.

Monika/Buzsy on 9:35 PM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna. Love that image... looks so yummy with the glaze! Great colors! :o)

Rosie on 9:58 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous papers, gorgeous colors! Love it!

Purrfect Paper Creations on 11:41 PM CDT said...

Great card--your use of patterned paper (and paper piecing) is awesome,and I love the "chocolate" on the cherry!

Chris L.

Sarah-Jane Kalé on 12:57 AM CDT said...

Love this and all it's Chocolatey Goodness!!!

xx Sarah

TannyP on 9:20 AM CDT said...

Who couldn't use a little chocolate covered something?! How about a lot of chocolate covered something! =) This card is so tasty - I could pop that sweet cherry into my mouth and run off now! Great job, Donna!

Danni on 1:34 PM CDT said...

Yummy!! what a fabulous card, that chocolate covered cherry looks so delish!

Joan Ervin on 9:39 PM CDT said...

Hey you sweet thang...your card is FABO!!!!! Love the fun papers and that yummy chocolate delight!!!! I wish I had about a dozen of those with me right now...LOL!!! I had to go check out the progress on your house and WOW!!! What an awesome fireplace.....you are going to have such a beautiful home, Donna!!!!

FibreJunky on 9:58 AM CDT said...

Pretty!! And oh, so yummy looking!

Jessie/knightrone on 12:39 AM CDT said...

Totally cute!!! Love it!!

Lisa Hjulberg on 12:44 AM CDT said...

I LOVE this Donna! That DP sings to my heart, and you've created such a CUTE card with it and that SWEET image!

Post a Comment