Monday, April 4, 2011

Bling Birthday & Matching Clutch


bling card & clutch

Here is another cute  clutch I made recently, this one is in the mail to my sweet friend Carolina for her birthday (her favorite color is green)!  I emailed her a little bit ago to let her know and not to visit my blog so her surprise is not spoiled!  Let’s see if she obeys!  I got a great tutorial for a wristlet from Bev at Flamingotoes and I put a little spin on the front of this one, using her basic design/lining!  I made a gathered natural center (the back is the same fabric) and a small strip of coordinating fabric for the center and handmade the flower.  I cut many small circles by hand and used a fray stop at the ends and each one I would bunch up & glue to a felt circle with a permanent fabric glue.  It was so easy!  My DH picked out this fabric and little did I know it coordinated so nicely with Melanie’s new Bring the Bling set for Gina K Designs so I made a matching birthday card!

inside clutch

Here is a picture of the coordinating liner with credit card/driver’s license pockets.  I hope she likes it as much as I do!  I just know I’m going to have to make myself one (probably not the same fabric since I don’t think I have much more left, but definitely with the gathered center and handmade flower)!

bling card

Here is a close up of the card I made.  I kept it very simple, stamping all the bigger flowers first and then filling in with the sentiment from Lovely Labels 3 and smaller flowers.  Then I sponged around the edges.  I was so happy to have turquoise rhinestones to put in the centers which is the same as on the fabric!

Supplies
Stamps: Bring the Bling
Cardstock: Ivory, Sweet Mango, Green Apple
Inks: Vivid Butterscotch, Wild Lime
Accessories: Sponges, Want2Scrap, Liquid Pearls

I am linking up to the following link parties to share what I made, please click on the photos to check them out for a TON of handmade inspiration: (but beware – it is ADDICTING!)

imageimage
imageimageimageimage

image

Pin It

6 comments on "Bling Birthday & Matching Clutch"

Megan on 8:05 PM CDT said...

very pretty. I love the lining in your clutch. Your friend is very lucky.

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

LindaS on 8:13 PM CDT said...

WAW such wonderful creations - love how the match eachother. There is nothing as good as a homemade gift.

Emily Thompson on 7:23 AM CDT said...

I really like the clutch, you are a really detailed sewer! I'm in awe... I seem to always be sloppy. Just found your blog, very inspirational.

Monika/Buzsy on 8:54 AM CDT said...

Such a pretty card Donna... lvoe the colors and the blings... and that matching clutch is perfect. :o)

Lori on 11:59 AM CDT said...

Lucky Carolina! This is beautiful, I love the colors and trim! The matching card is perfect.

Melanie on 3:05 PM CDT said...

these are awesome, what a fun gift sett!! love these colors together and print!!

Post a Comment