Friday, April 22, 2011

GKD Inspiration Hop: Garden Silhouettes & Timeless Textures


wild lilac blooms

Welcome to Day 1 Inspiration Hop for the Gina K. April release!  I hope you were able to make it to the fun release party last night at StampTV (if not, the thread will be there for you to peruse at your leisure), including all the details on the challenges for you to participate in (deadline is Tues) so you can win some free stamps**see below too! 

On my first card, I used the One Free with Three set called Garden SilhouettesGardenSilhouettesPurchase any 3 stamp sets, and it’s yours for free!  Just add it to your cart after you add the 3 and it will automatically be sent to you!  I just love solid stamps sometimes because you can use different techniques with them.  I used markers directly on the stamps. I also used the new Wild Lilac color, isn’t it pretty?

timeless bloom

On my next card, I used Timeless Textures to create a focal point for my bloom.  These stamps are different shapes and textures which are so fun to use by themselves or to create fun backgrounds on your cardstock.  How I used it, makes it easy to make a nice simple card in a hurry!  I think this card literally took about 15 minutes.  I also used the new color Key Lime which is a slight lighter weight than pure luxury cardstock and it is in the ‘accents’ line of cardstock and Gina will be offering more new colors!  Yea!!  Since I stamped on a white layer on the front of my card, I made outside score lines with my scor-pal for some visual interest. I wish I remembered to do that more often, it’s a cool thing!

IntheBackground

Here is the Timeless Textures set.  Remember, all the stamp sets and new Key Lime pure luxury accents cardstock are available to purchase NOW!  Here is a link to What’s NEW in the store.

Now be sure to visit all the designer’s blogs and leave a comment on each one to increase your chance of winning a free stamp set of your choice ($24.95 value!)   The winners will be posted on Gina’s blog along with the next inspiration hop.  Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a wonderful weekend/Easter!!

Card#1 details
stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Timeless Textures (links above)
Cardstock: White, Wild Lilac, Vibrant Violet and Fresh Asparagus
pure luxury
ink: Versamark
Accessories: Spellbinders Nestability classic & scallop ovals, grommet tags, markers, eyelets, buttons, sakura glaze pens

Card#2 details
stamps: Garden Silhouettes, Timeless Textures (links above)
cardstock: white & key lime
pure luxury
inks:  vivid (wild lime, straw)
accessories: markers,
pumpkin/mango 5/8” striped ribbon

Pin It

167 comments on "GKD Inspiration Hop: Garden Silhouettes & Timeless Textures"

Theresa Momber on 8:17 AM CDT said...

Absolutely fabulous, Donna! Love the wonderful colors on both cards!

emilymomto3boys on 8:17 AM CDT said...

very pretty, Donna! Fantastic job! Love that you showed the stamp sets too!

AJ on 8:55 AM CDT said...

great cards Donna- love that second one- the colors are fun and fresh!!

Vintage Rose on 9:11 AM CDT said...

beautiful, beautiful cards. Love the purple card with the tag "birthday wishes". I like how you sponged the outer layer of the tag and the scalloped oval.

Cat Tidwell on 9:12 AM CDT said...

Ooooo that purple one is sooo gorgeous Donna! both of them are, but loving that one especially!

Karen on 9:20 AM CDT said...

Wow, beautiful! You can't go wrong with purple. I love your creations and the new texture stamps are my favorites!

DebraM on 9:20 AM CDT said...

Love what you did with these cards. They are both so lovely. Love these stamp sets. Can't wait to get mine.

Teri C on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Both cards are beautiful!

Marie on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! TFS =)

Leigh M on 9:26 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna. Thanks for sharing.

Pam Zirbel on 9:28 AM CDT said...

Beautiful Donna!!! WOW

Unknown on 9:39 AM CDT said...

Donna your cards are wonderful. I love the colors the the stamped focals.

Billie Dee on 9:40 AM CDT said...

Wonderful! Great idea for that background texture stamp. Thank you!

Tina on 9:41 AM CDT said...

So so pretty!!! Love the purple, of course!! LOL But your other card is just as gorgeous... love the Spring colors!

Diana on 9:41 AM CDT said...

Wow! The color selections and textures are GREAT!

Joanne Travis on 9:42 AM CDT said...

Both are beautiful! Love the clean layouts.

Sue on 9:44 AM CDT said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous

Unknown on 9:44 AM CDT said...

I am so thankful for all the sharing you all do in these blog hops! Happy Easter!-TinaG

CraftyJo on 9:47 AM CDT said...

The blue card is so peaceful-feeling, absolutely gorgeous.

Mary G. said...

Perfect job as usual.

DebbieM on 9:49 AM CDT said...

Very pretty cards Donna! Love the purple/green combo and the texture stamp. :)

Stampin Cats on 9:50 AM CDT said...

Pretty cards and I love the colors.

Nedlnut on 9:54 AM CDT said...

Beautiful!

Sarita said...

strinking color combo.

Judy Inukai on 9:58 AM CDT said...

Beautiful. I love the colors.

creativearts on 9:58 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! The background stamps are growing on me! May have to order those! Plus the free set is a "must have".

dale talley said...

What great, bold colors you use. It was great. Thank you for that

Terri (blindstamper) on 9:59 AM CDT said...

Both cards are so pretty and well done...especially drawn to the colors on the second one...so sunny!

Karen on 10:01 AM CDT said...

Very soft and pretty cards. Love that new texture set.

Unknown on 10:03 AM CDT said...

Wow those were great. On the birthday wishes - bottom one. How did you do that ribbon? It doesn't look like a bow..knot it?? If you see this can you let me know!
Thanks
Jackie
jmpresearch@gmail.com

Valerie on 10:05 AM CDT said...

LOVE the purple card, Donna!

RedGem on 10:05 AM CDT said...

Just so beautiful! You can't go wrong with the purple color. I love your creations and the new texture stamps are my favorites! Tks for sharing!

Jackie W. on 10:06 AM CDT said...

Ohhhh, I love purple (but then I don't think there is a color I don't like!), so like a breath of spring-it is lurking out there somewhere in spite of the snow we keep getting here.

jazzle24 on 10:07 AM CDT said...

Very pretty cards. The blue really pops. I love your 'simple' card, which I see as anything but simple. TFS!

Cheri on 10:08 AM CDT said...

Love your cards, Donna. You've give me some great inspiration here.

Dorothy on 10:08 AM CDT said...

so pretty! love the soft colors.

gale.sewell on 10:11 AM CDT said...

Both cards are beautiful and ones that I could do. Thanks for sharing.

--Marcy on 10:11 AM CDT said...

These must have been so fun to do! Stunning colors, new stamps, even a nestie label I haven't seen before. There is always something new up your sleeve - isn't there!

jazy1m on 10:20 AM CDT said...

Donna, Love your cards. Thanks so much for sharing.

patski said...

a simple stamp makes a gorgeous card

lisa808 on 10:34 AM CDT said...

Pretty cards.

Beastybunny on 10:38 AM CDT said...

Fantastic work. Both cards are simply beautiful!

Bette Abdu on 10:39 AM CDT said...

Nice work!

Vishu on 10:39 AM CDT said...

really pretty cards.

sandi on 10:41 AM CDT said...

Pretty cards, love the colors.

jan farnworth on 10:47 AM CDT said...

you did a great job so pretty.

Sheila on 10:50 AM CDT said...

really nice clean simple layouts. thanks!

Karen on 10:56 AM CDT said...

Okay your ladies are making me need to buy this set love love the cards

Glamour on 11:01 AM CDT said...

Another inspiring hop! Thanks for all the creative ideas, now I need to sit and do something with the ideas.....new stamps would really inspire me......LOL

Diane

GAZ on 11:04 AM CDT said...

The colors you used are so pretty! You are very creative. Thanks for sharing!

Miesje on 11:13 AM CDT said...

More beauties - love the purple one and the background stamp is fab!

Pat Gasko on 11:15 AM CDT said...

So simple yet so beautiful. If I had to pick one card as my favorite I couldn't do it. Love 'em both. Great job.

Jackie on 11:18 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! The Timeless Textures set is so versatile and I love what you did with it.

Lynn B. on 11:23 AM CDT said...

Both of your cards are beautiful but I particularly love the one with the orange striped ribbon. You've actually made me into an "orange convert". :-)

4Ucards on 11:29 AM CDT said...

Purple is my favorite color. You did such a nice job using purple in your card.

Die Cut Lady on 11:35 AM CDT said...

love the texture stamps they are a nice addition.

Unknown on 11:37 AM CDT said...

Love simple cards, I am a fairly new to stamping so this is right up my alley!! Thanks

LyndaG on 11:40 AM CDT said...

Wonderful. love this card

Clare on 11:51 AM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna! Love the colors and those new stamps!

joy on 11:54 AM CDT said...

Love the purple and green and how you have framed the flowers!

Sharon Mattingly said...

Beautiful cards!

Sharon Hoecherl on 11:59 AM CDT said...

Love the rich blue/black combo.

Marilyn B said...

These textures are amazing -- wow!

Kelly on 12:04 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna! I love that textured background--really makes your image pop!~

Arlene on 12:05 PM CDT said...

Love your card! Thanks for the inspiration.

Catherine Kraft on 12:06 PM CDT said...

Both of your cards are really pretty and I wouldn't be able to choose between the two cards if I had to. I love the stenciled look to your blue card, along with the total design of the card. I really like elegant, simple design of the second card and the detail of embossing really adds to it. The textured stamp is definitely one I would use a lot. Great job on both!
Blessings,
catherinesangels@yahoo.com

Golda on 12:10 PM CDT said...

What beautiful, elegant cards.

firstgrandma6 on 12:30 PM CDT said...

I love the purple card and the simplicity of the second card is great!

Janet L. on 12:31 PM CDT said...

My word, you make pretty cards!

Scrap Happy on 12:35 PM CDT said...

So lovely. I'm not usually a fan of oranges, but you use them so beautifully. Thanks for stretching me!

buggin2stamp on 12:44 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards. I adore that second CAS card. I never thought about that technique when I saw the new sets. I love that new green card stock too. Didn't see that in the store last night. I will have to check again. Definately on my list. :o)

Sandy on 12:46 PM CDT said...

I really like the Timeless Textures set. It's so versatile.

Mary on 12:53 PM CDT said...

Fabulous!

scrappinmommom on 1:04 PM CDT said...

Loving your colors in the first card, could be used for any occasion and the second is so very clean and fresh. Great!!!

coolnana72 on 1:17 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards--lovin' the new stamps

Anonymous said...

Oh Donna, both are beautiful. I really love the purple and green together.
crafty teacher

bernietom47 on 1:20 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors and the sponged edges on the first one really is delightful.
Blessings Bernie

Susan on 1:38 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing them.

Patty on 1:56 PM CDT said...

Stunning cards. Very simple, yet the colors and image and focus are all there. Love these!

Becky Yo on 2:00 PM CDT said...

I love floral silhouettes - thanks for sharing your lovely card!

cjgusloff57 on 2:04 PM CDT said...

Pretty Card....crocus say Spring!
Love the color too. Corrine Ann

Donna on 2:08 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! Love the pretty colors and the lovely background texture.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Cards!!

Kris in Alaska on 2:27 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous with that Wild Lilac! My favorite with the texture set... there goes my wallet! TFS!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

POSH on 2:45 PM CDT said...

Luv the colors!!! Thanks for sharing.

Lynne on 3:02 PM CDT said...

Great cards. Especially like the knot in your ribbon.

Marie on 3:09 PM CDT said...

I love the clean lines and bursting periwinkle color!
Thanks for sharing
Marie

Linda on 3:16 PM CDT said...

Lovely cards and love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Lee on 3:27 PM CDT said...

Donna...your cards are just such gorgeous examples of beautiful color!!

sghay on 3:29 PM CDT said...

Very pretty..the purple and green one just pops!

Judy Averill said...

Very lovely--my favorite colors.

Linda on 3:48 PM CDT said...

Your card are just so Pretty I love that Wild Lilac, Vibrant Violet and green and the nestilles

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards!
I love the colors you chose for them :)

AlpacaRose on 4:12 PM CDT said...

What a beautiful site you have! And I love your work. Just my style. I'll be back. Thanks for the inspiration.

Carol on 4:29 PM CDT said...

Fabulous!!!!!

Unknown on 4:40 PM CDT said...

Both cards are beautifully composed and the color combinations are perfect. Your "simple" card certainly doesn't look simple--it has wonderful elements that truly elevate it.

NanaConnie on 4:44 PM CDT said...

I have alwasy loved silhouette stamps but you really show them off here. Fabulous stamps this release.

Rosie Guiher on 4:55 PM CDT said...

I just love this stamp and the color is so pretty!!

Lorraine on 5:14 PM CDT said...

Striking color combo on your first card - beautiful - and your second card is so lovely!

Unknown on 5:35 PM CDT said...

Yes, I totally agree that both your cards are beautifully created, Donna!

Nana Griffin on 5:56 PM CDT said...

Lovely! The colors on the first is so pretty too.

Gayle on 6:04 PM CDT said...

Beautiful colors, wonderful samples.

KVencel on 6:15 PM CDT said...

I am definitely loving this stamp set!

Peggy Abram on 6:36 PM CDT said...

I love these, they look like they can be made without to much dificulity.

Sharon on 7:24 PM CDT said...

I love your colour choices and the simplicty of both cards, beautiful!

Cindy Lou on 7:29 PM CDT said...

Both cards are just gorgeous! I can see that these two sets are must haves ;) Thanks for sharing!

Crafty Math Chick on 7:35 PM CDT said...

These are so pretty Donna! I especially love the use of different color markers on your lilac card, looks like shading! Love it!!

Unknown on 7:54 PM CDT said...

I'm thinking the purple card is especially lovely. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lindsay M. on 8:02 PM CDT said...

WOW!!!! Your cards are stunning!!!! I love them all!!!! Gorgeous work!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love these texture stamps! Thanks for the inspiration!
herzigfam

Pat R said...

Your card colors and designs are perfectly stunning!

Dee in N.H. on 8:19 PM CDT said...

Wow and Wow! Love your cards!

Debi on 8:20 PM CDT said...

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Denise Bryant on 8:49 PM CDT said...

Lovely cards! Very pretty colors!
DeniseB

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful Cards!!!

Rox

Nancy Abair said...

Yummy!!! Make me think Spring!

Rita on 9:06 PM CDT said...

These stamps are so pretty. Love the purple and yellow for spring and using the scorpal lines for the border, too, on the second one. :)

Juli Smith, on 9:11 PM CDT said...

So pretty!

Barb on 9:13 PM CDT said...

love this stamp set. the colors you used are stunning.

Sue D on 9:24 PM CDT said...

Both cards are fabulous--love the colors.

Vicki Dutcher on 9:28 PM CDT said...

Donna - that purple and green card is so pretty! Well done~

cal8007 on 9:28 PM CDT said...

Thanks for sharing the timeless textures, they can come in very handy - love the flower stamps too, so pretty.

Carmen L
cal8007 at aol dot com

Lagene on 9:40 PM CDT said...

Both cards a re beautiful! I especially love the daisy with the textured BG~

Bertha W on 10:05 PM CDT said...

Love the cards - thanks for sharing

Brenda B on 10:18 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards. Really like designs and colors.

Giovana on 10:24 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!!

Wanda on 10:27 PM CDT said...

Can't say enough about the stamp sets! Truly inspirational. I love the way you used the button in the center of the flower on the second card. Adds a wonderful dimension to the flower that makes it extra special. I also love that ribbon! Nice work!

Leisa on 10:29 PM CDT said...

beautiful cards

Lori on 10:54 PM CDT said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous Donna!! I love the tag in your first card and I cannot wait to get my sets, I am SO casing the second card!! :)

Jennie on 11:11 PM CDT said...

Beautiful designs Donna. Love the ribbon on the second one and you are inspiring me to actually cut it, sigh... Great job :o)

Brenda on 11:16 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!! You rocked this set.

Karen Denson on 11:29 PM CDT said...

Your cards are lovely. The texture stamp set is amazing.

Helen F. on 11:36 PM CDT said...

Both of these cards are so stunning, Donna~thank you for sharing.

Melody (lacyquilter) on 12:45 AM CDT said...

Beautiful. Love that texture set.

Susan on 2:05 AM CDT said...

Two more wonderful cards! I really like the use of the Timeless Texture stamp behind the flower on your second card.

1jmass on 4:50 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards.

luvhymns on 6:52 AM CDT said...

Wow on these 2 cards. Just when I thought I had seen beautiful, you come up with breath taking flowers.

Unknown on 9:11 AM CDT said...

Donna, your cards are great, and so warm and pretty, love your color choices on both as well as the stamps used, great combos!!!

Thanks
Donna Przy....

Beverly S. on 9:34 AM CDT said...

Love your cards....would hate to have to pick a favorite. :)

Anonymous said...

WOW - these are beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Great card, and I love the bright colors. This stamp set is so beautiful. But without your inspiration I probably would not buy it! So thanks so much for showing us all how to use these beautiful stamps.
Candy Gardner

Barbara Howell on 2:02 PM CDT said...

Your cards are beautiful in every way. Thanks for posting the stamp sets in your post.

Kathryn on 2:47 PM CDT said...

Love both of your cards. Colors are so nice!

Parker on 3:40 PM CDT said...

I love the colors used along with good layouts. These stamps are great looking for most any occasion. Thank you for sharing.

Michelle L. on 3:46 PM CDT said...

beautiful cards, Donna!

Sharon Harnist on 4:47 PM CDT said...

Beautiful color schemes, Donna, and I love the shading you added to the flowers!

Barb on 5:24 PM CDT said...

Love the colors and simple but elegant look you did.

Simply Sandy on 6:14 PM CDT said...

Very beautiful

Leonie Castro on 6:41 PM CDT said...

Good looking card! Love the use of colors and tech.

stampqueen on 8:28 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards - love the blue one best!!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Betty Neville on 11:40 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna! Love how you colored the images and added the accents - gorgeous effect! The score lines ARE such a nice touch!

janice moss on 11:41 PM CDT said...

So pretty. Really like the color combo with the purple and green, really makes the flower stand out.

Debbie Rogers on 8:17 AM CDT said...

Love the purple! You did an awesome job Donna!

Ntsisterz on 9:09 AM CDT said...

Great designs and color combos.Love the texture stamps!

Traci on 7:57 PM CDT said...

So simple but georgous. Thank you for sharing. ;0)

Traci Lord
3team3lord3@comcast.net

Unknown on 8:34 PM CDT said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! TFS

La Chula Fashions on 8:41 PM CDT said...

love those stamps!!

Wendi K on 10:53 PM CDT said...

Beautiful creation.. Thanks for sharing.


Wendy K in Chicago

JaniceAileen on 11:07 PM CDT said...

Great job, Donna! So pretty!

Jenny McGee on 7:45 AM CDT said...

Nice cards, I love the bright colors you used on both cards.

Becky on 9:52 AM CDT said...

These are beautiful Donna!! Great job with this set..

Sue on 10:38 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards.

JessicaK on 10:57 AM CDT said...

Only 15 minutes for that level of fabulous? Now that's awesome! I'm really liking the layered effet of the timeless textures under the silhouette.

bluemoon on 3:37 PM CDT said...

These are beautiful and so elegant!

Diana on 10:51 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards

Jessie/knightrone on 10:09 PM CDT said...

They are both, FABULOUS!!

Post a Comment