Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sugar & Spice Gathered Clutch


riley blake gathered clutch
I am so excited when I stumble upon super crafty blogs, in particular ones that showcase free sewing tutorials!  Anna’s blog Noodlehead has this awesome tutorial for a gathered clutch.  You know I have a very big weakness for purses and now when I find some fabulous fabric, I can make my own!!  When I got my sewing machine serviced a few months ago, I perused the fabrics and found these fun red, turquoise, pink & white fabrics called Sugar & Spice by Riley Blake.  Once I made the clutch, I felt like it needed something more, so I grabbed some of my turquoise mix buttons by Gina K and added 3 to the front, I think it makes all the difference in the world!  So much that a few weeks ago when we went to our friend’s 85th birthday and I was using it for my essentials, several of the ladies there fell in love with it and asked if I would be willing to make some to sell them.  So now I have bought more fabrics (not the same though) and I am working on getting a stash together to sell.  IMG_2144
Here is a picture of the inside, where you can see 2 more of the fabrics I used for the lining, card holders and divider pocket.  I will share more that I made real soon. 
Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a fabulous week! 
I am linking up to these crafty parties to share what I made! 

BLOG TITLE
image
UndertheTableandDreaming



Pin It

5 comments on "Sugar & Spice Gathered Clutch"

Karen on 9:16 PM CDT said...

Such cute fabric! I love those colors!! Cute blog:)
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Anna on 8:46 PM CDT said...

it turned out beautiful! great job. :) love that fabric

April on 10:49 PM CDT said...

This is adorable-I love those colors together! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Jill on 11:03 PM CDT said...

So cute! I love those colors!

Lori on 3:45 PM CDT said...

Fantastic! The colors are gorgeous and I love the buttons. Thanks for the links to the different parties, had a bit of fun surfing around them. Hugs~Lori

Post a Comment