Thursday, August 18, 2011

Gina K Double Take Blog Hop


I’m so glad you’ve joined us in a Double Take hop! Members of Gina K.'s Design Team have come together to host a hop where we will show you how to make cards using the same products and stamp images to create two different cards.  In my case, they are still similar but more on that below.

If you came from Giovana’s blog, you're at the right place. If not make sure to head over to StampTV where you will find a list of all those participating in today's hop.

double take

What I love about challenges, is that they encourage you to think outside the box and because different people participate, you end up having different styles and interpretations!  Now, with my cards, I did use the same supplies as you will see in this photo, and although my layout is very much the same, you’ll see I did change up how I did the focal image. 

IMG_3069

I used white, red hot and black onyx pure luxury cardstock; Various Verses stamp set with just one greeting; a classic oval nestability die; black gingham ribbon; memento tuxedo black ink; a red, green & sand colored (not pictured) by SU!; an old marker air tool (SU!); micron black pen; silver brads; fiskars open scallop border punch.

IMG_3071On the card on the right, I ran the die through my cuttlebug machine, making the outline of the die, then I traced the outlines with 2 of my markers.  Then, I cut an oval from a scrap piece of cardstock so I could airbrush the inside of the focal image without getting any on the outside. 

IMG_3072 On the other card, I just traced the die with markers for definition, and used the die and inside of what I just cut out, to cover the focal image to airbrush the outside!  On my card on the left, I added some black pen highlights to under the flowers, I love the depth that creates.  I really like these cards – they were super easy & fun to make!  Hope you will try this trick too and share with me what you make! 

Head on over to Cat’s blog to see what she's sharing with you today!

Pin It

32 comments on "Gina K Double Take Blog Hop"

Theresa Momber on 8:12 AM CDT said...

Awesome, Donna! I love how you kept the layout the same, too, yet came up with two totally different cards.

Tina on 8:18 AM CDT said...

Very nicely done, Donna!!! Love that you made small changes for both cards!

Cat Tidwell on 8:21 AM CDT said...

Awesome Donna! Love how you made the cards different like that!

Sue VanDeVusse on 8:52 AM CDT said...

I love what you did with those dies and the airbrushing is so soft and pretty.

Sankari W. on 8:57 AM CDT said...

So awesome Donna! love the double take - both cards are awesome girl! big hugs!
Sanakri :)

Olga on 9:05 AM CDT said...

Elegant cards!

Patricia on 9:22 AM CDT said...

Simple and elegant cards. Love them!

alex on 9:32 AM CDT said...

Love the cards, very chic, thank you for the "how to" much apreciated

richard on 9:47 AM CDT said...

Amazing how a simple change can make a big difference. Nice work!

Sharon on 10:08 AM CDT said...

Simple and elegant - that is the best!

Pam on 11:12 AM CDT said...

Donna I love this stamp and I love your cards they are awesome.

Jennie on 11:14 AM CDT said...

Lovely designs Donna and nice subtle changes :)

The T-Shirt & Tole Shop on 11:15 AM CDT said...

that flower stamp is so versatile. Just love it.

Giovana on 11:45 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!

Scrapacat on 12:24 PM CDT said...

Wow - what a great tutorial. I really should use my airbrush more - thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I need help with my airbrushing. You make it sound so easy. What beautiful cards they are. Thanks for sharing. Lori KOmpa

Clare on 1:24 PM CDT said...

Beautiful work, Donna. Love the colors!

Lynn B. on 1:55 PM CDT said...

Thanks for demonstrating how much difference a few small changes can make. That's really inspiring!

Vicki Dutcher on 2:36 PM CDT said...

Fun double take!!

Anonymous said...

Simple, sweet, lovely!!! Thank you for the mini tutorial!!

TFS,
Victoria Merrick
angelicmsn1@aol.com

Golda on 5:59 PM CDT said...

Very nice cards! Love the change up.

Unknown on 6:20 PM CDT said...

Great cards done, very pretty, and that ribbon just makes everything POP!

Kay S on 8:24 PM CDT said...

Just lovely! Love how you made subtle changes that resulted in two different cards.

Gayle on 9:31 PM CDT said...

Soft and beautiful cards, Donna.

Linda on 11:13 PM CDT said...

beautiful cards and love, your frame and colors too.

Jaclynn Marie on 12:56 AM CDT said...

Very cute!!! Loved the blog hop - keep up the great work!

Carolina on 12:58 AM CDT said...

Oh these are just so darlin' Donna! Love the subtle changes and your take on the challenge - just perfect in every way! Miss you tons...so much going on and so much to catch up on. I'm away this weekend, but drop me a note and let me know when you might have time to skype - hugs & love!

Donna on 4:34 AM CDT said...

Donna,
Lovely cards, great change/take on the double up, awesome job!
Thanks for sharing,
Donna

joanieg on 8:35 PM CDT said...

Great Cards Donna! Loved the very subtle changes to each card. They are elegant yet simple which is exactly what I like! Thank you for sharing and inspiring.

Sharon Harnist on 9:54 PM CDT said...

Two really great looks and wonderful tips, Donna! Very sweet cards!

Ravengirl on 10:11 AM CDT said...

Love the subtle differences in these two cards! They are both amazingly beautiful!

Janeen on 2:29 PM CDT said...

this looks like a good pair to play that game with, can you spot the differences? love the red, white and black combo

Post a Comment