Saturday, August 13, 2011

My End of Summer Purse & Winner***


pink batik purse 2
I am so looking forward to the END of Summer and the start of cooler weather since Fall is right around the corner.  We have had 45+ days of 100 degrees and over in the Austin area and 25+ in a row so that’s why I’m ready!  It is just pretty miserable at times especially since we’ve had little to no rain when we usually do in the Summer.  So…before Summer ended, I wanted to make another Summery purse.  When I went on my quilt shop bus tour a month ago, at one of the shops (which happens to be just a 45 min drive from our house so I look forward to visiting again).  All Around the Block quilt shop was one of the top favorites on the tour because they had a wonderful selection of fabrics and the ladies who worked there were very nice!  I fell in love with their batik fabrics and since pink is my favorite color, I just HAD to make a pink purse!!
pink batik purse
I used this reversible bag pattern, which is so easy to follow!  I made a modification though, since this was the 2nd one I made.  I actually put some ties for the top which was real easy!  I wasn’t sure it would turn out exactly like I hoped since it was my first time modifying, but it did!  All I did was take a 2 1/2 inch strip of my fabric and iron it in half then fold over 1/8” on both sides and iron again.  then I top stitched on one side and before I sewed the two fabrics together, I slipped it in on the inside.  I love that I can protect the contents of my bag better (although with the style of this bag and the weight of the contents of your bag, they slouch pretty well inside anyway).  I just LOVE this bag!!  
purse
P.S. I’m so glad I figured out a way to display a purse (I used our toilet paper holder in the window seat area!) how do you like that for ingenuity? I like it better than the distraction of a door. But, here’s a picture John snapped of me when we got back from dinner at a local restaurant last weekend.  Needless to say, it will match with a LOT of my clothes.  Don’t know why I was looking up so far.  This was taken outside our house, for those of you who don’t know, we live out in the country on 2 1/2 acres and we built our house *we were the general contractors* so that’s why I have a big smile on my face.  I LOVE our house and where we live and I am always happy to return back home.  What a blessing…
***The winner of her choice of one of my handsewn projects is Karen from Six Wacky Women!  Congrats Karen!  I sent you an email for your info and which creation you would like. 
Sharing with the following link parties:
Six Sisters Stuff, Creation Corner, Little Lucy LuIt’s a Hodgepodge Life, Fingerprints on the Fridge, Thirty handmade days, Sassysites, Simplydesigning, Tatertots and Jello, A Vision to Remember, To Sew With Love Pin It

9 comments on "My End of Summer Purse & Winner***"

Sofie V on 12:49 AM CDT said...

Hi Donna,

Thanks for visiting my blog! I love your bag! It looks very pretty!

Greetings Sofieke

CREATIVE KHADIJA on 2:17 AM CDT said...

hi Lovely, you have a cute blog, i really enjoy! thanks for stopping by, so nice of you !!

Maya Kuzman on 2:36 PM CDT said...

Donna,
the bags are fantastic! I especially like the fabric you chose for them - Lovely!
P.S. Thank you on the sweet comment you left on my crocheted beads! I am glad you like them!!
Best,
Maya

Diane on 3:58 PM CDT said...

WOW, cute, cute purse Ü

Jessie/knightrone on 8:51 PM CDT said...

Super cute...and I LOVE how happy you look! Yaaay!

Unknown on 11:06 AM CDT said...

I love it! Great display stand, always thinking aren't you?

Unknown on 12:55 PM CDT said...

What a lovely bag and blog site. I am near the fort worth area so we are practically neighbors! Ready for Fall as well. Thanks for hopping over to ziamariadesigns.

Rose Ann on 8:15 PM CDT said...

I love your pretty purse, and the toilet paper holder does work perfectly for you to display and photograph it!! Great photo of you too!!

Unknown on 3:50 AM CDT said...

what a pretty purse! thanks for sharing this with us! have a lovely weekend!


Hugs,
Lelanie

Post a Comment