Saturday, March 17, 2012

FNSI results–more Hello Kitty gifts!


gabby hello kitty bag & pencil pouch

Here is what I made last night for **Friday Night Sew In – more Hello Kitty gifts for our niece Gabby who turns 6 next month.  I am so proud of myself for getting something done way ahead of time!  Her birthday is about 5 weeks away.  I made a pencil pouch based on this tutorial but extended the length to accommodate a standard pencil I had laying around but it’s still a little tight fit Sad smile they have to lay in there sideways.  Maybe once they are used they will fit better.

Then, I made a simple little tote bag that is reversible.  I got this Hello Kitty fabric at Wal-Mart a few months ago, it’s not the best quality but not the worst either.  I hope she will like it; I just realized that I am a year late with the Hello Kitty…my sister informed me that was ‘last year’s party’ this year it’s all about ladybugs!  Oh well.  At least she will have something made with LOVE and not just something I picked out at the store, right??  This goes along with the Hello Kitty Softie I made last week and I found a Hello Kitty coloring book at Michael’s this week too. 

My friend Stephanie and I were going to hang out at her house last night for Friday Night Sew In but we decided to hang out today for a Saturday Sew instead!  So as soon as I finish this post, I plan to get my stuff together to do over there.  The guys will hang out as well and we will grab a bite to eat for dinner too.  Looking forward to it as we haven’t all hung out together since last month and we can only go so long without it.  HA 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!!  I’ll be sharing at some of the following link parties.

Pin It

8 comments on "FNSI results–more Hello Kitty gifts!"

lesleyworth on 9:20 AM CDT said...

Your gifts are fantastic and I'm sure your niece will love them! Have fun sewing with your friend!

Lucy | Charm About You on 3:25 PM CDT said...

They are gorgeous! I'm sure she'll love them :)
Have a great weekend!

Madeleen on 4:42 AM CDT said...

Those HK gifts are soooo cute! Gabby will love it!

Riette on 12:14 PM CDT said...

Oh goodness my daughter will LOVE that bag!!! We're not over our Hello Kitty fad yet.

Teresa F. on 2:46 PM CDT said...

Lovely items. Your niece will love them for sure. Hello Kitty is pretty popular.

Loves to Quilt on 5:23 PM CDT said...

What cute Hello Kitty gifts for your niece. Girls are so fun to sew for! Thanks for stopping by, Sandy

kayerj on 12:20 PM CDT said...

I think it is an awesome gift. Thanks so much for stopping by. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

Katie on 6:37 PM CDT said...

How darling, Hello Kitty is cute for any age!

Post a Comment