Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hello Kitty Softie!


hello kitty

I had a lot of fun making this Hello Kitty softie from this tutorial yesterday.  My 5 year old niece loves Hello Kitty just like I did as a little girl**.  So I thought it would be fun to make this for her birthday which is next month.  Yea for me since I am 6 weeks ahead of schedule for that! 

Ok, so it wasn’t ALL fun and games because I am a little disappointed her right leg is a little smaller than her left and I think her face should have been more rounded but it IS homemade after all!  I don’t think she can buy something like this at the store, right?  The reason this happened was because like a dummy I had the pattern ironed to my felt rectangle and started cutting it without the seam allowance.  UGH!  so I had to improvise.  What I am most proud of though, is her cute little pink dress I made with matching hair bow!  I used my rolled hem foot for the dress (it’s been almost 20 years since I made any clothing I think!)  I love the little lace detail around the top of her dress too.  I made the bow by taking 1/2” strips (total of 6) and braided 3 of them in two sections then secured them with a 7th strip.  Then sewed it onto her.  I think it’s very shabby chic.  I am tempted to make a 2nd version so I can perfect it.  Who knows, I may decide to keep this for myself since it was the first one I made if the 2nd one comes out better!  After all, remember I said I used to love Hello Kitty as a little girl** too??!?! 

Thanks for stopping by!  I am going to share in the following link parties this week. 

Pin It

7 comments on "Hello Kitty Softie!"

Madeleen on 12:22 PM CDT said...

Hehehe, just love your little kitty Donna!

LiEr on 2:01 PM CDT said...

Donna, that's so cute! I love her cute little pink dress, too! Thank you for inviting me to come visit so I could see your masterpiece!

Unknown on 2:46 PM CDT said...

She is adorable Donna! Imagine my surprise when I clicked on her and found you! I found you at Friday Fun Party!!!

Lolachoco on 11:04 PM CDT said...

Cute Kitty, I wish i can made one like this too...:P

Riette on 5:35 AM CDT said...

My 5-yr old loves Hello Kitty and we had a Hello Kitty birthday party for her last month. This is just adorable!!

Michelle on 10:19 AM CDT said...

She's cute! I don't see any imperfections, I see a treasured stuffie. Gabby is a very lucky niece. She has a talented Auntie who loves her to pieces. Lucky girl!

Sewing Miles of Smiles on 2:05 PM CDT said...

Love this. May have to make some for the children's hospital.

Dona
http://sewingmilesofsmiles.blogspot.com

Post a Comment