Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Has Sprung with Gina K!



The Design Team for Gina K. Designs welcomes you to a fun Spring Has Sprung blog hop. For this hop we will showcase Spring cards or projects with you!!! The DT Members have all used a wide variety of Gina K. Designs stamp sets to inspire you to get inky too! Come play along with the Current Challenges at Stamp TV!!!
If you came from Cat’s blog, then you're right where you should be. If not, please go to Stamp TV where you will find a list of all those participating.
button frame 2          button frame
I made a Spring frame using Wild Flowers to give to my **Godmother who will be turning 85 in a few weeks and I am so THRILLED about being able to see her and celebrate her birthday with her!!!  I bought the simple frame and stand at IKEA a few years ago, and it’s been sitting in my stamp room just waiting for the perfect project to give it new life.  This weekend it finally spoke to me.  I used white pure luxury cardstock and my ink colors are Memento (London Fog, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Dandelion).  I added some copic marker highlights to the flowers (click on the photos for a close up).  Then, I added some light sponged clouds with SU! soft sky ink and cloud template and some sparkle with Stardust Stickles (my favorite).  Lastly, I picked some fun coordinating buttons and stuck them on the frame at random.  I really like how this turned out. 
nina paulina
Here is a picture of us taken the last time I saw her, October ‘09.  She was recuperating from being sick for over a month and I was so happy to have been able to spend time with her.  We were playing cards here, Kings in the Corner – fun!  I am looking forward to seeing her in just 12 more days on my vacation back home, it’s been 2 1/2 years since I have been there, too long in my opinion.    The Scripture in the frame on the right, Philippians 4:13 was my Godmother’s verse when she was sick, so this is quite serendipitous and perfect for her!   But, I ended up making both so if she wants to change them out, she can.  She is such a special lady, who has been a part of my life ALL my life!  She was friends with my maternal grandmother (my Nana who died when I was 5), and then her and my mom became good friends.  Her daughter and I grew up together and she didn’t have any siblings, so me and my sisters became sisters to her.  She & her daughter played a crucial role in me accepting Jesus as my personal savior when I was 15 years old.  They took me to a crusade with Nicky Cruz and my eyes and heart were open to the decision that would change my life forever!  I ended up being confirmed in the Catholic Church when I was 16 yrs old and I chose her and my Aunt Della (who has passed on) as my Sponsors, or Godmothers.  To this day, her quiet strength and devotion to God and her family are admiral and a great role model to me and others who are blessed by her.  I just love her so much!! 

Now hop on over to Emily’s blog for more Gina K. goodness!!! Pin It

40 comments on "Spring Has Sprung with Gina K!"

Melanie on 8:11 AM CDT said...

Terrific design, love the colors and button embellishments!

Thanks for sharing about your Godmother and your testimony! Wow, how cool you got to see Nicky speak, have you read "The Cross and the Switchblade"?

Carolina on 8:21 AM CDT said...

Ahhh, your Godmother is going to LOVE it! Beautifully done Donna and the buttons on the outside of the frame are just so lovely!

alex on 8:32 AM CDT said...

What a beautiful frame, and such a lovely gift for your Godmother :-)

Lori on 8:45 AM CDT said...

I'm sure she will love this Donna, it is gorgeous!!!

Tina on 8:53 AM CDT said...

Donna... what a beautiful frame for your Godmother. Your post tugged at my heart for I miss my grandmother soo soo much. She reminds me of her... nails painted and all. :-) I'm sure she will love it and I'm so glad you have her and get to see her soon. *HUGS* my friend!

Vicki Dutcher on 8:59 AM CDT said...

Pretty Springtime frame!!

Nana Griffin on 8:59 AM CDT said...

Very lovely!

Unknown on 10:14 AM CDT said...

Beautiful! The frame & your Godmother, how special!

Joni on 10:14 AM CDT said...

Button. button, who's got the button? Love buttons Great use of them.

Becky on 10:16 AM CDT said...

What a gorgeous frame. Love the buttons.

Lagene on 11:02 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous framed pieces!!!! Beautiful background about your Godmother!

Giovana on 11:17 AM CDT said...

Beautiful frame Donna!! I bet your godmother is going to love it! Really nice to read about her.

Anonymous said...

Just love your cards. I'm a newbie to this blog and am really enjoying it.
Jan

--Marcy on 12:30 PM CDT said...

The buttons are so fun! What a nice tribute to your Grandma! Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady!

lakergirl on 1:01 PM CDT said...

What an adoeable frame & gift for your "God-Mother"! So nice to see that you are honoring her with this gift and the thought behind it. Whether it is a God-Mother or Grandmother- they are all so special!Kim

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing about your faith in such a sincere way - it touched my heart with appreciation that you would honor this special woman in your life with such a tribute. I hope that she can read your post - I know she would appreciate it. Oh - the card is so bright and cheery, love it.

Ravengirl on 1:48 PM CDT said...

Love the fun project! Those buttons are so fresh and happy! Fabulous story about your Godmother!

Kwright on 3:00 PM CDT said...

Cute idea! I'm sure your Godmother will love it!

Iwana on 3:07 PM CDT said...

Hard to make a comment.All I can say is " Thanks"...

Kim on 3:19 PM CDT said...

Your godmother is going to love her gift. Very nice work. Thank you for sharing.

terrie on 4:22 PM CDT said...

Well done on your card.

Verna Angerhofer on 4:25 PM CDT said...

What a beautiful frame and piece of artwork you created for a beautiful lady too. Thanks for sharing your talents.

Robin on 6:21 PM CDT said...

What a pretty idea. And a great way to use all those extra buttons.

Crafty Lady on 7:16 PM CDT said...

Your godmother will love this beautiful frame.

Gayle on 8:37 PM CDT said...

Beautiful frame for your godmother. She will love it and special birthday wishes to a very special person.

Ava Gavloski on 8:47 PM CDT said...

Great frames donna. So bright and springy!!!
ava

Mama on 8:57 PM CDT said...

Cute frames! Hope she loves them!

Kris in Alaska on 12:57 AM CDT said...

I'm sure she'll love such a lovely and thoughtful gift!

Kris in Alaska
funamom at yahoo dot com

Wendy Thompson on 5:21 AM CDT said...

Lovely frame very special thanks for sharing

Rosy Newlun on 6:02 AM CDT said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful and touching background on your family for us. It makes the frame mean that much more!! It's beautiful already, now it's super!!!!! Enjoy your time with her: yes, it's been too long! Here's to "makin' it (every moment) count!" with love, rosy

Joyce T. on 7:22 AM CDT said...

this is awesome and I'm sure your Godmother is gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet Godmother, and all of our prayers go out that she get to celebrate many many more!

Leta on 1:30 PM CDT said...

how awesome...happy birthday to your God mother..

Cheryl Wright on 6:45 PM CDT said...

How creative you are Donna! This is stunning, and your Godmother will love it!

SandyK on 3:52 PM CDT said...

Love your frame and GOD IS GOOD. Sandy

Carolyn King on 1:08 PM CDT said...

beautiful frame---love the spring feel to it. Have a great trip to see your Godmother.

ddlady on 6:03 PM CDT said...

Donna, What a wonderful way to use those two scriptures and for such a special person in your life! Beautiful job!

Pam on 8:25 PM CDT said...

Donna, absolutely stunning. I know that your godmother will be thrilled.

Maria Matter on 11:32 PM CDT said...

beautiful post Donna!
Stunning frame, love the spring-y colors!

Bonnie K on 5:58 PM CDT said...

So very pretty! I love your soft creativity

Bonnie

Post a Comment