Monday, February 15, 2010

Brick Wall of Sunflowers


brick wall sympathy

I made this card to send to a dear online friend Shannan Teubner, whose husband of 8 years and father of her 2 young boys passed away at the beginning of last week.  I can’t begin to comprehend the severity of the loss of a spouse but I am not a stranger to losing close family members so I understand on that level. 

I wanted to use my new Pressed Flowers by Gina K. Designs and thought it would look so nice with this fun brick wall technique on SCS; I was right – I love how this turned out!!  It was super easy to do, just a little time consuming to sponge around all the edges of the tiles.  I added a sentiment from the new Spring Florals set. 

All supplies Gina K. Designs unless otherwise noted
Ink: Memento rich cocoa, Ranger tea dye distress
Cardstock: chocolate kiss, ivory pure luxury cardstock
autumn button assortment, jute ribbon
markers: SU! summer sun, more mustard, old olive

Pin It

5 comments on "Brick Wall of Sunflowers"

Casmiles on 11:38 AM CST said...

Donna - this is BEAUTIFUL. I don't know that I could "align" so well, but I'm definitely going to give it a try. The card, the colors, everything is beautiful. I'm just sorry for the occasion it was made for. I hope your friend is doing well.

Rose Ann on 1:23 PM CST said...

Your sunflower brick wall looks gorgeous, Donna!! I'm sure Shannan will appreciate this.

Lori on 3:07 PM CST said...

A wonderful card for a sad occasion. I really like how you left some of the brick wall empty. Looks really cool.

Anonymous said...

How sad is this occasion. I am glad that she has you that can comfort her with a similar experience. We never know the why of our events but one is to be able to comfort others who have similar events. Blessings dear friend and a wonderful card too!

Melanie on 12:34 PM CST said...

This is abeautiful design I am honored you would use this set to bring Shannan a measure of comfort

Post a Comment