Sunday, February 14, 2010

FS158: It’s a Love Thing


FS021410

Happy Valentine’s Day!  I know it’s time to move on from this holiday and I have really with other designs but I still wanted to make a card to give to John so I whipped this up while he was making multigrain pancakes with berry topping and scrambled eggs (I made the sausage).  I used today’s Featured Stamper Challenge on SCS (FS158) and used this fun CAS card by Hamiltongal and brought out my turtles in love Stamps A La Carte by Taylored Expressions and Animals in Love sentiment.  You know you don’t have to have a special occasion like Valentine’s Day to make/send a love card to someone you love/care about; I can imagine giving a card like this as a surprise on a day that’s not set apart to tell John how much I love him! 

I paper-pieced these turtles with Basic Grey Marrakech papers and added a 5/8” black grosgrain ribbon on the side just like Laurie’s card but added a brad to pop off the black.  I put some Christmas red stickles on the heart between the turtles; I love how something to small & quick can really pack a punch – that’s why love stickles!  I like how this card came together so quickly and I’m sure he’s going to like it.  Hope whatever you do with your loved ones is special – as for me, I need to study for my anatomy/physiology test that’s Monday night!  I feel like I’m not ready - yikes!

Pin It

2 comments on "FS158: It’s a Love Thing"

Anonymous said...

Sorry to interrupt your studying but I had to stop by to say how cute I think this little card is for Valentine's Day. Have a great day!

Rose Ann on 1:24 PM CST said...

Your pieced turtles are adorable, Donna!!

Post a Comment