Wednesday, February 3, 2010

TE Sneak Peek Day 1: Bakery Business and Window Shopping


window of sweets
The Baker’s Dozen Design Team has something EXTRA exciting to share with you today - a whole new line of rubber stamps called Apple Doodle Ink! We are launching this FUN new line with two stamp sets designed to coordinate perfectly together; Window Shopping and Bakery Business. Taylor is working with a new illustrator on this line and I'm loving the whimsical/cartoon-like quality style!
The first card combines both sets for a fun and sweet store front shopping experience!  I love the sentiment, “I’ve never met a cupcake I didn’t like” and I concur** with that!  I used January key ingredients for both of these cards, with papers from Basic Grey’s Nook & Pantry line!  In the front of this card, I used acetate for it to really be a window!
sweets trio
On my second card, I just used images in the Bakery Business set which can stand alone or be paired with the fun window shopping set!  I started to use the fall-to-layout sketch 76 but I flubbed with the sentiment and didn’t leave enough room for my four-square of images.  So, I improvised and still love how the card turned out!  No accidents with stamping – I love this craft!!  It leaves a LOT of room for creativity to be at work!  I put a few red rhinestones in between the inchies for more color.
 CHAJodiDonnaKarenwithcupcakes**Speaking of never meeting a cupcake I didn’t like…here is a fun picture of Jodi ( left), me and Karen (right) showing off our Cricut Cake cupcakes we made at CHA!  We got a REAL cupcake (vanilla, so not my favorite cupcake but it was delicious even the NEXT DAY when I finally ate it) We had so much fun! I love these gals and miss ‘em already! 
Be sure to check out what the Baker’s Dozen (BD) gals have to share with you and be sure to check back tomorrow for more sweet creations!!
Alex Maldonado
Charmaine Ikach
Dawn Easton
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Laurie Schmidlin
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen Pin It

12 comments on "TE Sneak Peek Day 1: Bakery Business and Window Shopping"

Taylor on 10:22 AM CST said...

Totally cute, Donna! I got to see your top card at the show and it's even cuter in person! Love the popped up awning and the acetate sheet...looks just like a store! :)

Sankari W. on 10:33 AM CST said...

Ahhh - what a cute pic of the three of you with your pinks and the sweet cupcake! That awning card is such perfection - LOVVEEE it!!! And love your second card with all of the yummy yummy treats on them!!! Speaking of which, I don't know if I thanked you for the yummy treats you left in the kitchen before you left - I LOVE them - thank you!!! I hope you are feeling better dear Donna!!! Sending you big hugs!!
Sankari :)

Karen Giron on 10:39 AM CST said...

I love this card! The awning is darling and bright and perfect! What a fun little sweet shoppe :D Loved those little cupcakes from the show - they were so super cute!

Alex on 11:34 AM CST said...

Really cute card Donna, love the colors!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa Sauls on 12:22 PM CST said...

What FANTASTIC cards Donna! You always rock on your creations...even being sick! Hope you are feeling better girl.

Karen Motz on 1:22 PM CST said...

Wow these are fun cards! Love the popped awning on the first and I love the layout you ended up with on the second card!!

Dawn Easton on 6:30 PM CST said...

Donna, hope you are feeling better girl!
Your cards are CUTE! Love the paper pieced awning and yummy looking goodies in the window!

Jamie Pyles on 6:40 PM CST said...

Awesome cards Donna! Love the bright fun colors on the awning card, and you three look so pretty in pink:):) Looks like ya'll had tons of fun! TFS
Hope you get to feeling better:)

Anonymous said...

Donna, this is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the whole set.

TannyP on 10:28 AM CST said...

Adorable =) Love that sweet storefront!

Christi Flores on 11:02 AM CST said...

Everything is adorable and I LOVE that pic of you guys from CHA!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:04 PM CST said...

I adore the window in that first card! That is awesome, Donna! Your second card is just adorable! Those sweets look delicious!

Post a Comment