Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday Caleb!


birthday boy
Here is a card I made to send to a special boy who is turning 10 this week!  He is the son of stamping friend Shannan.  I’m sure this birthday is going to be real difficult on him, as a few weeks ago his dad died unexpectedly. As soon as Shannan shared about Caleb’s upcoming birthday, I immediately put it on my calendar to make him a card and send it to him.  I know this will not cause his sadness to go away but if it makes him smile even for a second, it will make me so happy!
I thought using Melanie’s Just so Sporty would be perfect for Caleb so I could personalize his jersey with his age.  I used this week's sketch challenge on StampTV by Jennie for my layout.  The pattern paper is Basic Grey Granola, after I ran it through the cuttlebug, I sanded it so it let the white core show.  If you’d like to play along in the sketch challenge, you have until next Wednesday, Feb 24 to upload your creation and be eligible to win some Gina K. stamps for free!  You don’t have to use Gina K. stamps to play along either, but if you have some you should because you will get your name entered twice in the drawing!  Pin It

6 comments on "Happy Birthday Caleb!"

Ali on 10:15 AM CST said...

That looks lovely - am sure he will be really pleased to receive it!

buggin2stamp on 12:11 PM CST said...

I know from experience how hard it is to lose your dad at such a young age. I am sure he will be happy to recieve it, knowing someone is thinking of him on his special day. Such a sweet idea and an awesome card.

Dianna Towner said...

Poor little guy losing his daddy at such a young age.

I am sure your card will bring a smile to his face.

Cute, cute card.

Dianna

Lori on 5:07 PM CST said...

Super cute card! This is so nice for a 10 y/o boy. This should be a nice surprise, however brief, in this horrible time.

Shannan Teubner on 12:09 AM CST said...

Donna, you are so sweet to take time to make this for Caleb. He will be so excited when it gets here!! Thank you, girl. This means so much to me. :)

Rose Ann on 8:31 AM CST said...

I'm sure this will mean a lot to Caleb, Donna! It's a perfect boys' card, and I love the tee!

Post a Comment