Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Sketch Saturday a week late: sereniTEA


sketch sat 4310

I had good intentions on posting this card much earlier than I am – really I did!  A few weeks back I discovered another sketch blog called Sketch Saturday!  I made this card using the new TE set CreativiTEA and Miniature Motifs for their sketch challenge on April 3.  It was such a fun sketch to show off some of the beautiful papers in the March key ingredients kit!  I paper-pieced the tea cup with the papers, isn’t it great?  I totally forgot my DMIL has a TON of pretty teacups in the house that I can stage along with projects I make with this set, so I grabbed!!

If it looks like there is a shadow under the bottom scalloped panel, there is – I was making do with a few shorter pieces of the mustard cardstock and put the top layer on over some foam tape so I didn’t waste any paper!  I adhered both both to the kraft card base.  I like how it turned out! 

Pin It

3 comments on "Sketch Saturday a week late: sereniTEA"

Jodi Collins on 10:32 AM CDT said...

SUPER sweet Donna! LOVE that layout and how you put that gorgeous teacup by your card!!

Monika/Buzsy on 7:31 AM CDT said...

Very pretty Donna! Love the colors and the pattern paper you used... great lay-out... stitching... :o)

TannyP on 10:21 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna - I fully blame you for my order of this adorable Tea set!!

Thanks for continually inspiring with your talent!

Post a Comment