Thursday, July 22, 2010

GKD Hop with a STV technique!!


0722 hop
Gina K. and the design team are bringing you a fun review of this past month’s release stamps and we have picked a favorite STV video to showcase with it!  I chose the new set Fun Year Round illustrated by Melanie, along with the Smackin' Acetate video!  
It was the first time I tried this technique and it was super easy – I just adore how this card turned out!  I used a pink and green marker to apply color to my acrylic block and then pressed my pure luxury white cardstock on it, then stamped my circle background with memento tuxedo black ink over it!  I layered that on black onyx and bubblegum pink cardstocks then zig zag stitched around it with black thread.  The card base is green apple.  I had to make my blooms pop, so I outlined them with a black glaze pen then finished the card off with a black button, ribbon and pink thread.

For more projects from the other designers participating in the hop tonight, please check out these links:
I hope this little hop will inspire you to try out a technique you’ve never tried before, or go back to one you haven’t tried in a while!  You can join us as the next Center Stage Design Team member by participating in this challenge – Gina will pick a winner and you will join us for the August stamp release as designer!  Check out Gina's blog for all the details! Thanks for stopping by!  Pin It

10 comments on "GKD Hop with a STV technique!!"

Lee on 11:41 PM CDT said...

So fabulously gorgeous Donna!! I totally need to try this technique!!

Lorraine on 12:04 AM CDT said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and your stitching. I've got to check out this technique.

Carla S. on 7:13 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card, Donna! I love the colors you used and the added details! Great use of the technique!

Cheri on 7:58 AM CDT said...

Fabulous card using this technique, Donna. It's gorgeous!

JaniceAileen on 8:23 AM CDT said...

Adorable card, Donna! :)

Cat Tidwell on 8:34 AM CDT said...

this is soooo awesome Donna! Totally groovy man, lol! Love those colors!

Giovana on 3:34 PM CDT said...

Really pretty Donna! I have to give this technique a try too!

Unknown on 10:26 PM CDT said...

Love the fresh colors!!

Sandy on 11:58 PM CDT said...

Absolutely love it!!

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 3:27 PM CDT said...

I'm so impressed by how you got the colors in the circles! beautiful!

Post a Comment