Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Princess Gabriella {gift and trip}


Gabby present outside

I’m sharing this little present I gave my now 4-yr old niece Gabby when I visited for her first dance recital last October.  I was so happy to be able to visit (thanks to my DMIL and sister who paid for my plane ticket!) I wanted to give her a special little gift to commemorate attending her dance classes and her first recital.  I naturally had to use my Trick or Sweet II set by Taylored Expressions with cuppie in a tutu!  I wanted to share a sweet photo of Gabby in her tutu, but I don’t have the original picture (it’s uploaded in costco.com and can’t retrieve it –ugh)!  Believe me when I say Gabby is ADORABLE in a tutu!

gabby present inside

Here is a close up of the box (it’s a nugget box) and the cute little pink tutu bracelet I gave her.  I used justrite stamps to personalize the tag and put some stardust stickles on cuppie’s tutu!  

auntie and gabby dance recital

Here is a picture of us right after her recital; she did such a great job during the WHOLE song – she was right on with all her moves, and never skipped a beat!  In fact, I may be a little biased but I have to admit she did better than all the other little girls – some froze and didn’t do much dancing at all!  She made us ALL proud…afterward, we had a pizza party at Round Table pizza which is where she wanted to go) and then went back to the house for some yummy cake!!

reading to the kids

…and while I am thinking of my trip, I want to share with you a cute picture of me reading to Gabby and her little brother Joey – it took him overnight to warm up to me since he hadn’t seen me 6 months and he was only a year old.  I had such a wonderful, blessed time during this last visit – all the trips are special but tend to get better and better, I guess it’s because the kids are getting older and we always have so much fun – I know they enjoy the one on one time I have with them.  I try to give my sister & bil a break and do as much as I can to help them out like feed them, get them dressed, etc.  I miss them so much and think about them every day; try to talk to them at least once a week although sometimes a few weeks may pass in between calls, I hope they know their auntie Donna and Nino John who live in Texas love them so much! 

Thanks for stopping by today; sorry it’s been SO long in between posts!  We are gearing up for a BUSY month getting so close to the house being completed, we have a close date of August 31st-  Yikes!  So the posts may be few and far between while we get a handle on things and of course there will be some time until we get settled once we do move and I get my craft room set up.  Check out the house blog if you’d like an update! 

Pin It

6 comments on "Princess Gabriella {gift and trip}"

Lori on 8:31 AM CDT said...

Wonderful gift and box,(a gift in itself). Glitter tutu's are the best! This is a beautiful pic of you and your niece, what a treasure. So excited for you & John, to move into your new home. Okay, I'll admit it, a little jealous too.
Hugs, Lori

Melody on 12:57 PM CDT said...

Darling idea!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:31 AM CDT said...

What a cute gift, and look how big they are getting! Awww!!

Michelle on 6:58 AM CDT said...

Fantastic gift! It's a perfect first recital keepsake.

Rose Ann on 6:37 PM CDT said...

What a wonderful gift to give to your sweetie niece! Gabby and Joey sure are growing right up, and I love the sweet photos you've posted!!

Best of luck with the completion and close of your new home!!

Monika/Buzsy on 11:04 AM CDT said...

Such a cute gift box. Perfect for a little princess. :o) Love the glitter and all the pink!

Post a Comment