Sunday, August 1, 2010

Gina K. Blast from the Past Week!


IMG_0697

Gina and the design team are bringing you BLAST FROM THE PAST week; she challenged us to share a favorite older set from the illustrators.  For Melanie’s, of course it’s so hard to pick a favorite because I just love them all, but if I HAD to it would be A Year of Flowers (outline) and Pressed Flowers (bold), which is what I used on my card today.  I love using using colored pencils over white craft ink (this technique is eluding me right now though).   I stamped on black onyx cardstock and layered on grass green and wild dandelion cardstock. 

blast nina 
My next card is showcasing Nina’s very first set, Bug Me Anytime; I just love the funky, whimsical feel these images evoke.  I wanted to make a shaped card so I used the Spellbinders Nestabilities Small scalloped octagons.   I also used colored pencils on Soft Sand cardstock on this card in keeping with my love for coloring on colored cardstock.

For even more samples of some of our favorite 'Blast from the Past' Gina K. Designs stamp sets, check out these participating designer's blogs:

The entire Gina K. Design team would like to invite you to the virtual Release party we'll be having this Thursday, August 5th on StampTV.  It will be a bit different than our usual release party, but we'll still have challenges, contest questions, and designer samples that you won't want to miss out on!  More information on that event will be shared by Gina K. soon, so stay tuned to her blog for all the details this week.

Pin It

10 comments on "Gina K. Blast from the Past Week!"

Melanie on 10:11 PM CDT said...

your coloring technique is so awesome on this, I need to do that!! love it!
hugs!!

Theresa Momber on 10:34 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards, Donna! Beautiful coloring!

Becky on 11:26 PM CDT said...

OH how pretty.. I just love the this circle card, gorgeous coloring.

Lagene on 11:39 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous cards!!! I'll have to try the pencils on the white on black!

Melissa on 1:11 AM CDT said...

Great job on your flowers! They turned out so pretty!!

Lynn Mercurio on 5:39 AM CDT said...

Fantastic projects, Donna. Love the sets you chose to feature, and you did so with such creative flair. Awesome job.

Carla S. on 7:27 AM CDT said...

Beautiful cards, Donna! Love the coloring technique you used on the sunflowers! The Bug Me Anytime card is adorable!

Lori on 8:34 AM CDT said...

I just love the black bg with the sunflowers, Donna! Your flowers on the round card are colored so beautifully.

Cat Tidwell on 8:36 AM CDT said...

These both rock Donna! I love coloring like this too, but you do it sooo well!! LOVE it!

Lee on 8:18 AM CDT said...

What cheerful and sweet flower card!!!

Post a Comment