Friday, August 13, 2010

Simple Peacock Thanks & more house pictures


thanks peacock
Here is a simple card I made using the new Pretty as a Peacock set illustrated by Asela for Gina K. Designs.  My card base is Passionate Pink and the vertical panel with part of the greeting is Creme de menthe over black onyx.  I actually went old school with this panels with some decorative edge scissors, remember those?  I had a ton before but I gave them away years ago and kept a few of my favorite ones. 
granite
I’m excited to share with you a picture of our granite countertops!  The color is Giallo Antico and we got it for a great price!!  It matches the cabinets so nicely – when I feasted my eyes on it, I got all teary-eyed!  Our dear friend Kay came with us to look at the house last night, she is like a mom to John and myself so it meant a lot to me when she praised us for doing such a great job and when we were standing at the kitchen island and she said, ‘I can imagine you here’, she had so many other great things to say!  We enjoyed our visit, I hadn’t seen her since April and missed her a lot!  I can’t wait to move so I can open up my home to friends and family!!
IMG_0814
Here is a picture of the interior paint!  After many many weeks of deliberation, we agreed on Tree Bark on the walls (the same color as our exterior trim) and Ott for our trim.  I wanted a darker color for the trim, but John just couldn’t accept it so we compromised which is an important thing to do as a couple.  Tomorrow we watch the back deck go in, as well as the awesome tiles we chose for the showers!  Our propane tank as delivered today and our HVAC finished!   
Craft_room____img_1
Oh and we got our utility, bathroom, craft room and office countertops put in (this is my craft room desk).  I’ve been brainstorming about what to call my craft room – I think it needs a name, don’t you?  If you have any suggestions, I’m open to them – just let me know by leaving me a comment!! 
So the house is really shaping up!!  I spent 4 straight hours this evening packing up stuff at the house and I’m pretty tired!  I just wanted to be sure I posted something to let y’all know I’m still around!  Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!! Pin It

4 comments on "Simple Peacock Thanks & more house pictures"

djstamper2003@yahoo.com said...

The Serenity Room of course.

Although my area never looks "serene", that is what I usually feel when I get to stamp. I use the built in front porch (I would have preferred the big, wide, curved porch to have been left open) but my father thought he and Mom needed the extra room to create a play room for all the grandkids. I enjoyed looking at all your pics and am very happy for you. Darlene

Michelle on 1:45 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous card! I love how the simple layout allows the sentiment and peacock shine.

Beautiful countertops. I really like the color. Nice choice!

Lori on 6:25 PM CDT said...

Love all of the open pink space! The way you split the word and the small image are super.I almost pulled out my box of deco scissors last week too, lol! The counter top is beautiful. I love to see the progress here and on John's site. I see djstamper2003 suggests The Serenity Room, good idea, but...I think maybe you should throw 'Serenity Studio' around too. Have a great weekend.

Betty Benton on 10:55 PM CDT said...

I was about ready to ask you for some more pictures!! How about "Oasis of Serenity" for your craft room -- whatever you decided, it really needs to have "serenity" in it!!

Post a Comment