Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek: Take Note


sketch book

Are you ready for another TE release?  I hope so!! 

Did you know Taylor was at the CHA in Chicago this past week in a booth?!  See pictures here from Taylor’s blog – I was sad I had to pass on this trip, I’m sure they had a great time together *sniff* The first set I have to share a sample using is a set concept by Jami Sibley called Take Note which is going to be so fun to make altered notebooks, notepads, journals, etc!  It has 3 fun labels and part of the fun of this set is the introduction of Taylored Dies, exclusively designed dies to use in your die cutting machines!    On my altered notebook (bought at Target), I used one of the dies to make a sketch book, along with Garden Party Blooms.  The paper is October Afternoon Fly a Kite and the cherry satin ribbon can be found in the TE store as well. 

sketch book open

Here is a peek of the inside of my sketch book; since I am gearing up to move, I am trying to scale down all my stuff and one of the things that was taking up a LOT of space were my SU! magazines and catalogs that I’ve been saving and not even ever looking at!  It was time for that to change so I just spent a little time here and there to cut out the card layout ideas I liked and glued them to the pages.  I also left room to put some of my favorite on-line sketches in there like Taylor’s Sketch Challenge and Mojo Monday sketches!  So whenever I need a starting point, I will go to my book.  It felt SO GOOD to recycle all those magazines and catalogs!!

call me

Next up I have a card I made using the die and the Weigh To Go set!  I thought pairing it with Basic Grey Green at Heart paper and gummies (on the center of my ribbon) would be fun, I love this old time phone image a lot! 

Be sure you check out all the inspiration waiting for you on the designer’s blogs:

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen
and Jami Sibley is joining us today!

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you back tomorrow!

Pin It

14 comments on "Taylored Expressions Sneak Peek: Take Note"

Nancy on 11:23 AM CDT said...

I absolutely LOVE how you've used the die in your projects--especially the gorgeous ribbon slider you've created with punches. Wonderful!

Jami on 11:53 AM CDT said...

Very clever way to use the sketch book idea - with photos like that! Oh and that card is super super cute!!

Lori on 12:13 PM CDT said...

Great idea! I just adore your sketch book,looks so fun. Ikwym, about not looking at the things we 'save'! lol!!! I also like your Weigh To Go card, looks like a great set.

Linda on 1:04 PM CDT said...

What a great idea. Your very own idea book. I love the shape of that die.

Sankari W. on 1:09 PM CDT said...

Gorgeous gorgeous Donna!!! LOVE the sketchbook - I totally want to make one too now! And that card with the Weight to Go set is gorgeous - love that phone and the green is gorgeous and the little tabs cut out for the ribbon is gorgeous!!! Hope you are doing well getting ready for the move!!! Miss you!
sending you love,
Sankari :)

Jodi Collins on 1:26 PM CDT said...

How GORGEOUS these are Donna!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE the notepad you created and the card is ADORABLE too!!!

DG on 4:41 PM CDT said...

Akkkk @ the Sketch book, I love that the set includes this and now I HAVE to have it lol. I need a sketch book just like that. I hate to drag my PC to my Crafting Room and I would love a nice neat place to draw up sketch challenges that I participate in. This is a wonderful idea!

The Telephone card is lovely too. I too love that old time phone look.

Melissa Sauls on 1:34 AM CDT said...

Awww...your sketch book is just fantastic and it's SUCH a great idea to do that!! I TOTALLY need to do that too...hmm, the wheels are turning. And your card is just GORGEOUS!! Beautiful as usual!

Taylor on 9:41 AM CDT said...

Super fun, Donna! I love the sketch book idea... I could stand to get rid of a few of my magazines too and I think cutting out the ideas first would make it more bearable to just toss them. :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 3:02 PM CDT said...

Adorable sketch book, Donna and your card is just beautiful!

Karen Motz on 5:55 PM CDT said...

Love the sketch book idea and the call me card is truly adorable!!!!!

Karen Giron on 10:50 PM CDT said...

I love your sketch book with the pen too! How fun is that? And your card is adorable!

Carolina on 6:07 PM CDT said...

First and foremost, HELLLOOOO!!! How are you my friend?! I miss you terribly and so wished you were with us at CHA! You were missed.

Can't wait to get an update on your house and just life in general...must catch up soon!

Okay, now onto your projects - I ust make one of those sketch books - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Your card call me card is just delightful in every way! Hugs & Love!!!

katemade designs on 1:53 PM CDT said...

sketchbook idea is awesome I have a lot of mags I could do without but keep for inspiration. What a great idea to have them in one spot.

Post a Comment