Monday, August 2, 2010

Gina K. Blast from the Past week day 2


blast theresa

Here is one of my favorite sets by the very talented illustrator Theresa Momber who makes the most beautiful realistic images and scenery!  I used Autumn Beauty for my sample because I am really looking forward to the Fall season especially since it will be our first one spent in our new home!  I just imagine it’s going to be amazing – even with it being hot this past Sat, there was a wonderful breeze and shade under all our trees, I just know it’s going to be 10 times better real soon – eeeks!  I sponged some clouds with a template for the background of the corn fields.  I put some sunflowers in the wheelbarrow and outlined with a stardust glitter pen and crystal lacquer, so pretty!  

blast rupa

…and here is one of my favorite sets illustrated by Rupa Shevde, My Cuppa’ Joe since I LOVE coffee!!  I used Basic Grey Origins, Basic Grey Manila, pure luxury ivory and chocolate brown cardstock on this card, and I have to share where the great layout came from for this card! 

kim t

Here is the card sample I have had for YEARS, it is by the extremely gifted
& beautiful Kim Teasdale – since I’ve been packing lately and trying to get rid of stuff, one of the things I came across was all my samples and this one was one of my favorites of all time – lo and behold, I realized it was made by Kim!  I’ve been a fan of her blog since last year so I emailed her to ask permission to share on my blog and this is what she had to say: “What a sweet email! It brought a huge smile to my face and I remember that card well! I was a brand new demo and fairly new to stamping and that was the first swap that I ever participated in :D” Kim, I hope I did your card justice; I like how mine turned out, but I still am in love with your card more!!  I bet I will use this layout again – be warned! 

For even more samples of some of our favorite 'Blast from the Past' Gina K Designs stamp sets, check out these participating designer's blogs:

The entire GinaK Designs team would like to invite you to the virtual Release party we'll be having this Thursday, August 5th on StampTV.  It will be a bit different than our usual release party, but we'll still have challenges, contest questions, and designer samples that you won't want to miss out on!  More information on that event will be shared by GinaK soon, so stay tuned to her blog for all the details this week.

Thanks for stopping by today! 

Pin It

8 comments on "Gina K. Blast from the Past week day 2"

Lorraine on 10:41 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! I love my Cuppa Joe stamps. I need to go check out Theresa's set now!

Lagene on 12:36 AM CDT said...

Lovely cards!!!!

Cat Tidwell on 8:13 AM CDT said...

Oh I am loving your cornfield! That rocks Donna! The sky, and the rows or corn, very realistic to me! and what awesome paper piecing on the 2nd one, and loving that design too!

Melanie on 8:14 AM CDT said...

that wheelbarrow is really sweet!

love the prints on your coffee card, i need to use my pack!!

Lee on 8:24 AM CDT said...

That autumn scene is just gorgeous!!

Theresa Momber on 8:26 AM CDT said...

Oooh, love that gorgeous autumn scene, Donna! It's my favorite time of year. I'm so excited for you to get settled in your new home! Love your beautiful coffee card. Beautiful design!

Lori on 8:48 AM CDT said...

Wow, great field scene! Love the shadow. Your paper pieced coffee cup/saucer is adorable, and a great CASE of Kim's card!

Casmiles on 10:35 PM CDT said...

Donna - I love your corn stalks card. It's absolutely beautiful!

Post a Comment