Tuesday, July 6, 2010

TE Sneak Peek: Destination Cuppie


seattle cuppie

Welcome to our first day of sneak peeks for the July release!  We have Destination Cuppie up first; since it’s Summer vacation time, it’s just perfect for Cuppie to travel across the U.S. on his adventures!!  His first stop is on the Northwest coast, Seattle, WA!  Jessie did a great job illustrating these sets, you cuppie fans will adore them!  I used the Paper Loft Morning Rain papers, which I got at CHA, with the umbrellas, it’s just meant to go with this cuppie (maybe I should have drawn in some rain).  The thing is, is that it rains most days in Seattle, and on the 2 trips I have made there, I can attest to that but can still say it is a fun place to visit!  So many fun things to do – I meant to have some pictures from our visit to share with you but we don’t have access to them on our server at home *bummer*.  Pike’s Market is one of our favorite places, it’s rich in culture and you can get the freshest seafood and flowers there, it’s unreal! 

SF cuppie

Next on Cuppie’s stop is to the most expensive place to live in the U.S. San Francisco!  Having grown up in the Bay Area; this place will always hold a special place in my heart, so I can truly say I left my heart in San Francisco – I took for granted I would live around there for a long time, so there are a few places I neglected to hang out when visiting there, like this famous tourist spot with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background (I’m sure on one of our future visits there to see family, we will make it a point to get back there!).  In fact, on our trip last May for our nephew’s 1st birthday, we did a little geocaching around there and when I went to grab some photos of our trip, I realized I can’t find them even though I looked on ALL the sd cards I have – ugh!!  What is wrong with me not being able to get pictures I need when I need them?  Anyway, I have so many fun memories spending the day there with friends and family (many days I played hooky in high school to hang around there with my best friends) and of course, the nightlife – I used to LOVE going dancing on the weekends there!! I can’t forget all the rich culture, with fabulous museums and wonderful places to eat too – I just adored the different cultural areas: Chinatown, Japantown, Little Italy – there is something for EVERYONE there! 

SF cuppie close up

Now a little detail about my card since I rambled on about how much I LOVE the City!  I used October Afternoon Fly a Kite papers and the cardstock is from the June Key ingredients pack.  Ivory silk ribbon and cream glitter candy dots were used as embellishments, and Tim Holtz distress ink!  Here is a close up of the bridge, covered with red copic atyou spica glitter pen!

Be sure to check out what fabulous creations Taylor & the Baker’s Dozen have to share with you – cuppie’s other destinations!!

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen

Pin It

14 comments on "TE Sneak Peek: Destination Cuppie"

Jodi Collins on 10:28 AM CDT said...

I just LOVE these Donna! They both make me smile! FAB layouts and papers!! I think the San Fran is my fav though!!!

Karen Motz on 10:44 AM CDT said...

These are wonderful Donna! I love the umbrella paper with Seattle Cuppie and the layout on your San Francisco card is fabulous!!!

Taylor on 10:49 AM CDT said...

These are both super cute, Donna! I love your golden gate bridge card with that text patterned paper!

Stacey Schafer on 12:00 PM CDT said...

beautiful work, Donna!

Monika/Buzsy on 1:26 PM CDT said...

Fabulous cards Donna! Love the great colors you used... great coloring... and that flower is just the perfect touch to your 1st card. :o)

Carolina on 2:26 PM CDT said...

Hello my long, lost friend! Happy Anniversary!!! Hope you'll have a little time to celebrate. How's the building going ~ good I hope...need to check Jon's blog for updates. Sorry to have been MIA, I've been knee deep in bathroom re~model. We're almost done with them ~ today I'm refinishing the cabinets...augh, Calgon take me away!

Okay, now onto your ADORABLE cards!!! The Seattle one is pure perfection ~ love the umbrella dp and your coloring is beautiful as always.

The San Francisco is beyond breathtaking!!! Your coloring, the dp, the sketch...ah, just beautiful! Hugs & Love!

Kathy Martin on 4:00 PM CDT said...

Fantastic cards! LOVE the designs and that umbrella patterned paper! :)

Jessie/knightrone on 4:10 PM CDT said...

So totally cute!! I love them!!!

Melissa on 5:25 PM CDT said...

These r so amazing!! Fantastic job!!

The Spotted Chick on 6:50 PM CDT said...

Oh my, these are both AWESOME! I LOVE the layouts and that umbrella paper is PERFECT! Great cards Donna!

Rose Ann on 10:53 AM CDT said...

Adorable cards, Donna!! The images are too cute, and your coloring is wonderful!! I love the papers and all of your fantastic accents!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:19 AM CDT said...

Donna, these are ADORABLE!

Melissa Sauls on 1:48 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna these are sooooooo cute!! You put so much amazing detail into them and it just really shines!

Karen Giron on 2:37 PM CDT said...

These are amazing, Donna! I love the papers you paired with each card - the umbrellas are super cute!!

Post a Comment