Thursday, July 8, 2010

TE Release Day: Feelin’ Groovy and In the Park


mojo groovy

It’s release day at Taylored Expressions!  Before you go spending the big ones, be sure you hop around all the designers sharing samples with you today, I’m sure you won’t be the least bit disappointed in the offerings!  On my first card, I have Feelin’ Groovy, a set illustrated by Taylor herself, 70’s hippie, groovy and flower power inspired!  I used Mojo Monday 6/28 sketch for my card and even used the new 5” square background stitched plaid, which is so fun!  All the supplies except ink and coloring medium are in the new That 70’s Project Pantry kit featuring patterned paper from Doodlebug, peace sign brads, groovy mylar flowers, glittered brads, rhinestone flowers, and butterflies!
pattern paper
My 2nd card uses just some cardstock from the kit because I decided to make my own pattern paper with images & words from the set, isn’t it fun?  You can make a whole bunch of cards by stamping up one sheet of cardstock and cutting them down to size.  

sittin here

My next card uses the set In the Park, another super Whimsical Wishes set illustrated by Nancy McKinney!  I just love the little pooch who can be placed on the park bench ‘just sittin’ here thinking of you’ – awww.  My card also uses all items from the Summertime Project Pantry kit featuring papers by Echo Park!  I had a lot of fun coloring this set with copics and sponging on some soft clouds.

bookmark

My next project using In the Park set again, is a corner bookmark (tutorial on SCS which is super easy & fun to make)!  The bicycle goes along with the sentiment, “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on” by Lance Armstrong: Son, Father, Texan, Cancer Survivor and 7 time Tour de France winner! 

book & bookmark
I’ve actually been reading his book written in 2000, and it’s great learning more about him and how he got his start in cycling (did you know he was a swimmer before he was a cyclist?  (he was trying to figure out what he was best at during those early years).  He was raised by his mom who had him at age 17 and everyone had told her they ‘wouldn’t amount to anything, but she believed differently’ and raised him with an unbending rule: “Make every obstacle an opportunity'” She was his biggest cheerleader and at age 21, he was the first American to win a stage ride in the Tour de France, which caught King Harald of Norway’s attention.  Shortly after the stage win, Lance was told the King wanted to meet him and the guard at the door stopped them and said the King would meet him alone and Lance said, “I don’t check my mother at the door” and was willing to pass up the opportunity to meet him.  They conceded and they both met the King.  I was impressed with his devotion to his mom who was always there for him!  In fact, Lance has been blessed to have a great support group, which rallied at his side during his battle with testicular cancer and in the years to follow, always believing he was capable of a comeback!  Currently, he’s in not in the lead in the Tour de France but that doesn’t mean anything – he can still win!!  Go, Lance!!

Sorry about the LOOOONG post but I just had to share a little of the book with you!!

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen

Stacey Schafer, our guest designer
and Jami Sibley are joining us today! 

Thanks for stopping by!!

Pin It

11 comments on "TE Release Day: Feelin’ Groovy and In the Park"

Stacey Schafer on 11:37 AM CDT said...

fantastic projects, Donna!

Julia Aston on 12:38 PM CDT said...

What great cards Donna - these are such fun images - love the bookmark too!

Jodi Collins on 3:44 PM CDT said...

These are FAB Donna! LOVE all of these!! The first two are SUPER groovy!!!

Danni on 4:00 PM CDT said...

What wonderful creations! They all made me smile!

Carolina on 4:13 PM CDT said...

You really rocked the groovy papers and sets!!! Your In The Park scene is just delightful and your bookmark is as darlin' as can be! Hugs & Love friend!

Karen Motz on 7:10 PM CDT said...

Wow Donna, you knocked it out of the park!!! These are all gorgeous and that bookmark is so pretty and practical!!!

Jami on 12:12 AM CDT said...

Wow Donna - all your creations are darling! My fave is the pup on the bench - so so cute! I also love the BG you created with the groovy set and the orange VW bus - I have an orange bus for tomorrow :)

Kathy Martin on 4:44 PM CDT said...

Such a fun bunch of projects! :)

Jessie/knightrone on 3:51 PM CDT said...

Fabulous samples!! Love them!!

Karen Giron on 8:56 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are SO super cute! I love the sponged in clouds and your homemade background paper - so clever!

Shannon Beck on 7:00 AM CDT said...

I love the bookmark idea! I think these would be great gifts for the girls in my book club!

Shannon

www.cardsfromthefarm.blogspot.com

Post a Comment