Friday, July 2, 2010

You Rock and our House Rock!


F4a19

I’m so excited to have a 4-day weekend, 2 of which are paid!!  So, I was up early this morning to stamp – I have a busy few days ahead of me since I’m working on sneak peeks of the new TE release that will be on Thu July 8th!  But first, I went to SCS and checked out today’s Free For All challenge (F4A19), which is to use gold and a star on your project!  I reached for my TE set, You’re My Hero and also this week’s sketch challenge (SC287)for my layout but that’s wasn’t planned at all – I initially started out making an ATC and decided I should turn it into a full sized card and it worked with this week’s layout!  I’m not totally happy with the card since I don’t think I should have sponged around the girl in blue but oh well – there is blue in the pattern paper.  Oh and I totally meant to use a spiral border punch on that paper and completely forgot – ugh!  I feel totally off my A-game, hope I get my act together soon or I will be in big trouble. 

Not much planned for the long weekend, although our 13-yr anniversary is next Tuesday, perhaps we will celebrate it this weekend since it’s hard during the week.  Oh, and Sat. we will be going to pick out our countertops and maybe some tile backsplash!  The house was insulated this week with spray foam insulation and I believe all the rock work should be done – it totally ROCKS – take a look for yourself here.   Maybe I will convince him to go see Eclipse *wink*

Whatever you do to celebrate America’s independence, I hope you have fun and be safe! 

Pin It

5 comments on "You Rock and our House Rock!"

Alex on 12:31 PM CDT said...

Really fun card Donna, love the colors!!! Sounds like a fun weekend, enjoy it and Happy Anniversary!!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Danni on 2:55 PM CDT said...

Hope you enjoy celebrating your anniversary!!
I think this card is so neat! I wouldn't know where to begin with an image like this!! Fun!

Monika/Buzsy on 12:47 PM CDT said...

What a great card Donna! Love the color combo and that paper in the BG! The images are great! :o) Enjoy your weekend!

Jessie/knightrone on 7:03 PM CDT said...

Fabulous!! Congrats on your anniversary....I don't miss my ex, but I would love to be with someone that I can make it that long, or longer with!! Going to look at the casa now!!

Christi Flores on 10:22 AM CDT said...

This totally ROCKS Donna!! I love it!!!

Post a Comment