Thursday, October 14, 2010

GKD designer monthly blog hop!


dt chal 1014

Welcome to our monthly designer blog hop!  Gina challenged us to use our favorite background technique but I have to admit I spaced out on this tidbit of important info and I made a card using paper-piecing (the vase) and metallic rub on paste around the perimeter of my new Lacey Circles nestabilities die (technically that’s what I used for the background right?).  I really feel silly about this but hope you like my card anyway! 

The stamp set I used is Buds & Vases by Melanie.  I kept my card base clean & simple because I have my beautifully ornate paper Basic Grey Olivia for the vase and wanted the flowers to be the focal image.  I drew inspiration for my card from the paper: bubblegum pink, turquoise sea and moonlit fog. I used the pink stitched ribbon in the romance ribbon assortment and tiny rhinestones on the die.

To see the rest of the designer’s favorite background techniques, please visit their blogs:

Thanks for stopping by – hope you have a fabulous Friday & weekend!!

Pin It

17 comments on "GKD designer monthly blog hop!"

Giovana on 10:28 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card Donna!!

Jennie on 10:30 PM CDT said...

Love that paper pieced vase and what a pretty color combo Donna! Hope you are all settled...been a busy couple of months for you :o)

Theresa Momber on 10:42 PM CDT said...

LOL. I had to re-define the meaning of "background technique" in order for mine to qualify, so I'm sure yours fits the new expanded definition. Gorgeous card, Donna!

Lee on 10:44 PM CDT said...

What a fun design! I love that Nestie!!

stampqueen on 7:13 AM CDT said...

Cute card - love the paper pieced vase!!!

Carla S. on 7:51 AM CDT said...

Very pretty card, Donna! I love the colors and the paper pieced vase! Great design!

Karen (TLgirl353) on 8:01 AM CDT said...

Lovely card, Donna! Mistake, what mistake???

Cat Tidwell on 8:09 AM CDT said...

*spanks you with the wet noodle!* haha! This is gorgeous Donna, so its excused...now if it had of been an ugly card.....lol! I LOVE that vase paper pieced and your design rocks!

Melanie on 8:29 AM CDT said...

i think it qualifies! love the colors!

Cheri on 8:50 AM CDT said...

This card is gorgeous, Donna. The paper piecing just pops.

Unknown on 9:21 AM CDT said...

Oh how pretty, Donna! LOVE your floral arrangement!!

Miesje on 2:19 PM CDT said...

That is so pretty - so soft looking. Love that pot!

Cathy P in AZ on 2:38 AM CDT said...

So pretty! TFS!

Lagene on 10:13 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Lori on 12:12 PM CDT said...

Beautiful all over! I agree, the paste is a background. :)

Jessie/knightrone on 8:32 PM CDT said...

This is gorgeous Donna!!

Carolyn King on 8:42 PM CDT said...

ohhh...totally clever design Donna! LOVE it!

Post a Comment