Monday, October 11, 2010

MTSC94: '”I didn’t forget your birthday…


MTSC 100510 

…I just wanted my card to stand out” is what it says on the inside.  Isn’t this such a cute image and sentiment for a belated birthday wish?  This a la carte image, called Stand Out, is one of 7 Belated Birthday a la carte images, a concept by Jami Sibley illustrated by our Apple Doodle Ink artist for Taylored Expressions.  If you’re like me, you may be of the opinion you are a ‘card maker’ and not a ‘card sender’ sometimes!!  I need to get better at mailing them, I always have the best intentions to!!

I used Mercy’s Tuesday sketch {MTSC94} from last week for this card – in fact I made it on Friday night but I am just getting the opportunity to share it because we’ve been pretty busy!  On Friday night we went to see the movie, “Let Me In” which we both liked, it was pretty suspenseful and had a good vampire story line.  We went with part of the movie bunch (aka John’s co-workers) and had a good time!  I’m pretty sure the next movie we will go see will be the new Harry Potter (we’ve gone to see the last few with them).  They already deemed our house as the new ‘scary movie house’ and want us to host them, Tina (John’s co-worker who picked us up for the movie), was the first outside of family to see our new house and she concurred it would be perfect and it’s scary enough at night making the drive from the road to the house.  HA!  and she’s right, being out in the country, it is DARK out here!!

I used the Make a Wish project pantry for my card, in addition to some distress ink sponging and glossy accents for the red balloon, keeping my design ready to mail with just one stamp! I made this card for our cousin who likes birds. 

Hope your week is off to a good start!  Mine is, perhaps we will finally close on our house this week (it’s been delayed for weeks because the lender was bought out by another company-long story- so glad that did not stop us from moving in!!)  We are thoroughly enjoying our new home and I promise to share some pictures soon of my sanctuary (aka craft room) and some of the decorations.

Pin It

3 comments on "MTSC94: '”I didn’t forget your birthday…"

Danni on 4:17 PM CDT said...

Such a cute, fun card!

Jessie/knightrone on 4:46 PM CDT said...

Totally cute Donna!!

Lori on 6:39 PM CDT said...

Can't wait for the pics! This is a super cute card, I'm like you a maker not a sender! LOL Isn't it nice to be in the dark so you can see the stars?

Post a Comment