Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Special Gift & Thank You Cards


It's time I share a special gift I got for Christmas from Taylor, owner of Stamp a Sweet Impression stamps, a personalized original print of me as a cuppie wearing a personalized apron, making the card on the right!  Can you see it in the print?  I totally missed it at first, but as I looked closer, I realized it was a card I made last year using one of Taylor's first sets, Sweet Celebration.  Click on any photo to enlarge for detail.  

I was truly honored to be hand-picked by Taylor last year to be on her first Baker's Dozen Design Team & help launch her new cupcake themed stamps!  One of the first things she shared with us (since we wanted to know if she was planning to draw the images) is that she commissed Jessie Oleson of Cakespy to be her illustrator.  I immediately checked out her artwork and was delighted to see her blog devoted to all things sweet!!  

The funniest thing about this surprise gift is that there is more to this story!  The whole design team pitched in to surprise Taylor with a Christmas gift & it was Jami's idea to contact Jessie about making a print for Taylor from us.  Little did we know that Taylor had already requested all of OUR prints as well as one for herself and without spoiling the surprise Jessie came up with a way to keep the secret from all of us!  She made Taylor's print bigger & sent it to Jami so the DT could gift it to her, meanwhile she told Taylor she may not be able to get around to doing hers but would definitely gets ours done for her.  Would you like to see a picture of Taylor's print?  Here is a link to other prints requested for the holidays by customers *Taylor's is the 6th one in the post*.  I just adore the saying Jessie put on the print, "Do Something Creative Every Day" {same saying on the coffee mug Carolina gave me for my birthday last year} 

Here are some Thank You cards I made to send to Taylor & Jessie for my sweet personalized gift.  I used a Year of Sweets 1 on the ear muff cuppie on the right and snowman cuppie from Home Sweet Home on the left.  Both cards use Christmas key ingredients.  The Sentiment 'thanks snow much' is from the new set A Year of Sweet Sentiments, which has 30 unique sentiments to coordinate with all the Year of Sweet sets & more!! Pin It

7 comments on "A Special Gift & Thank You Cards"

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 4:45 PM CST said...

Isn't that print the sweetest? And to be so personalized. . .I just love mine too! LOVE the thank yous you made, Donna. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

That is simply adorable! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

Rose Ann on 9:42 PM CST said...

How totally special and wonderful!! You all are a thoughtful bunch, and it's inspiring to hear your story!!

Great thank you cards, Donna!! They are just darling!!

Jami on 9:48 PM CST said...

Oh your TY cards are adorable. I've been meaning to photograph and post my watercolor and card as well - I was so happy when I realized it was the one card I still had!

Shirley on 11:32 PM CST said...

What a really cute set! A real keepsake!

Jessie/knightrone on 5:21 PM CST said...

Super cute stuff...LOVE IT!!

Unknown on 6:04 PM CST said...

I love your blog... have an award waiting on my blog for you :o)

Post a Comment