Sunday, September 27, 2009

Gina K. Preview Day 1


holly frame

It’s hard to believe it’s barely October and I am sharing Christmas cards and Valentine’s cards with you today.  Such is the wonderful life of a designer (working ahead of time).  Theresa has illustrated a gorgeous set for Christmas called A Very Merry Christmas.  I used the beautiful mistletoe image on my card to share with you.  Recently I picked up a coveted Janome Sew Mini and have had a hard time preventing myself from stitching on ALL the cards I’ve been making.  You will see this is one of my earlier cards, because I had not yet mastered the art of the corners!  I used my textile cuttlebug folder and made a frame for the mistletoe.  Rocket Red & Pure Luxury white cardstock was used for my card.

love you hearts

Here is my Valentine’s card-how’s that for working ahead?  This fun all-year ‘round, all-occasion set was designed by new illustrator, Tami Mayberry!  It inspired me to make a Valentine’s card because of the fun open & solid hearts in the set. I have always adored the postage you could print up, but having a stamp set to be able to create the same look is so much better!  The sets I used on my card are Special Delivery & Special Delivery Add-on.  In order to create a sponged look around my postage sections, I cut a mask with windows in some acetate and then I laid it on top of the stamped image & sponged (brick red by Ranger).  I also sponged on my rocket red base to add more interest.  I loved stitching with black thread!!  The button I used in the center of the I LOVE YOU is one of the new embellishments in the holiday assortment, which will be available for only $2.95 in a reusable clear pillow box!  You get a TON in there! 

Be sure to check out all the wonderful creations by everyone sharing today so you don’t miss a thing! 

Theresa Momber, Tami Mayberry, Carolyn King, Cindy Lawrence, Cathy Tidwell, Emily Giovanni, Erika Martin, Jessica Fick , Kurtis Amundson, Lee Murphy, Lynn Mercurio, Melanie Muenchinger

CenterStage Designers: Kay Simmons, Linda Payne

and Gina K.  See ya tomorrow!!

Pin It

22 comments on "Gina K. Preview Day 1"

Lori on 10:11 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna!!!

Theresa Momber on 10:19 PM CDT said...

Donna, these are stunning! Gorgeous coloring. WOW!

Jennie on 10:50 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards Donna! Love the stitching you are doing :o)))

Payne Holler Cards on 10:51 PM CDT said...

just beautiful!!! gotta love that red on white!!!! poppin'

Deebi27 on 11:01 PM CDT said...

So very merry Donna and Valentines Day here you come. I love the BRIGHT red with both cards!

joy on 11:14 PM CDT said...

The cuttlebug embossing on your card makes this a very sophisticated card -- and I love the stitching, makes me want to leave my machine out!

Lee on 12:11 AM CDT said...

Beeeautiful Donna!!!! I love the stitching!!!

Giovana on 12:14 AM CDT said...

I love all the red in your cards Donna!! So cozy!! Beautiful creations.

God bless
Giovana

NinaB on 2:52 AM CDT said...

I LOVE these as red is my fave color. Beautiful, Donna!

Lynn Mercurio on 5:03 AM CDT said...

Beautiful creations Donna. The Christmas card is fantastic with all the embossed dimension. Your heart card is just so very sweet - and that white organdy ribbon looks stunning with it!

Cat Tidwell on 6:22 AM CDT said...

LOVE these Donna! Love the embossing on that Christmas card, really makes the image pop and the valentine's card is so awesome...love the button with the round iloveyou stamp, perfect touch!

Mary Anne / MA54K on 6:38 AM CDT said...

Well now we have seen 4 major images from Theresa's set and I can see this si a holiday must have! Beautiful work, Donna! The postage set just look like fun, fun, fun!

Shannan Teubner on 10:49 AM CDT said...

These are both gorgeous, girlie! Love that first one...WOWZA!

Sharri on 2:22 PM CDT said...

Donna, both cards are beautiful!

Lori on 2:37 PM CDT said...

Spectacular Christmas card, Donna! I love the Val. card with the red and black contrast, too.

AKiteFlier on 3:09 PM CDT said...

Eye popping gorgeous Donna. Love the red and white Christmas and your sweet sweet valentine.

Carolyn King on 4:01 PM CDT said...

They both look great! Look at that amazing stitching! Love what you did with the stamps too!

Cindy Haffner on 6:43 PM CDT said...

So so pretty.

Silke Ledlow on 6:50 PM CDT said...

WOW - Donna - both cards are just gorgeous!!! I really l.o.v.e the first one :) Hugs ~S~

Randi on 6:53 PM CDT said...

I now know that I have to buy A very Merry Christmas. Your card put me over the edge. The first thing that I will want to do is CASE your card. Thanks for all you ideas.

redwasher1 on 10:05 PM CDT said...

Donna your cards are stunning!! I really like them both.

Unknown on 7:33 PM CDT said...

How pretty, Donna! What a couple of beautiful red cards - perfect for your holiday stashes!

Post a Comment