Friday, September 18, 2009

TESC83: Piggies & Candles


TESC83 piggies

Happy Friday y’all!  It’s time for the weekly Taylored Expressions  Sketch Challenge!  I have to admit I struggled with coming up with a good idea for this sketch at first.  I know I wanted to use my new Trick or Sweet II set – the little piggie since he hadn’t been inked up yet, and I first thought of how the 9 squares in Taylor’s sketch reminded me of one of my favorite t.v. shows from growing up in the 70’s – you know the one – The Brady Bunch?  Then, I thought of one of my mom’s favorite game shows she used to watch – Hollywood Squares with all the stars in them.  So I put Piggie in different frames – I’m still not sure about this card but I decided to show it anyway!  tesc83 inside

I had a good idea for pattern paper with 3 sentiments from the sketch you can hardly see because the piggies take up a lot of room on the front of the card, so I decided to decorate the inside with it, so you can see better.  It’s ‘Whoa, Sugar Rush’, ‘Super Sweet’ and ‘We’re all little piggies on Halloween’ – but at first glance this could be a non-Halloween card, right? 

TESC83 candles

So here is the card I finally was happy with that I came up with later.  I used For the Love of Cupcakes (it was the first time I used the number candles) and paired it with The Places You’ll Go key ingredients for a fun kid’s card-I imagine I would circle the age they are turning before I send it but I left it blank because I don’t have a recipient in mind just yet.  Isn’t this card better than the first?  Oh, I forgot to mention, I used Smooch on the numbers (pumpkin & green apple) – the Baker’s Dozen had a product spotlight on that on Wednesday!  It was great.

TESC83

Here is Taylor’s sketch for you to try; be sure to leave a comment on Taylor’s blog with the direct link to your blog post or gallery upload using the Mr. Linky service so we can check it out! You're always welcome to play with any of these sketches at any time.
COMING SOON: There will be no featured sampler for the next couple weeks as Taylor introduces some new and exciting changes to the sketch challenge.

Be sure to check out the fabulous eye candy the sketch crew has to share with us today:

Taylor Van Bruggen
Jackie Pedro
Jami Sibley
Lynn Mercurio
Monika Davis
Sherrie Siemens

Hope you have a sweet day & marvelous weekend!!

Pin It

15 comments on "TESC83: Piggies & Candles"

Lynn Mercurio on 11:33 AM CDT said...

Oh how fun these two projects are, Donna. Such fun designs for this sketch. Love them!

Jami on 11:38 AM CDT said...

Donna both cards are adorable, but honestly the first one just put a huge GRIN on my face!!

Sherrie on 11:58 AM CDT said...

Oh I love both cards...but especially love the whimsy of the piggy card! So cute Donna!

Anonymous said...

I started writing you a note and the phone rang and I pushed a button and it ran away. SO me, huh. I love both cards REALLY. I am going to get on this challenge right away.!!! I am inspired. :-D

jacque4u2c on 3:08 PM CDT said...

These are great! I love the cards! Can't pick a fav tho - because they both are so darn cute!

Kristine on 3:26 PM CDT said...

Great job on both of these. Your idea on that second one is genious! Love that you'll just circle the appropriate age when it's time to send it out! FUN =0)

NinaB on 4:50 PM CDT said...

What cute cards, Donna! I love them both. Have a great weekend!

Gingerbread Gal♥ on 8:16 PM CDT said...

These cards are amazing Donna! Love the piggies!
Super Cute!
:) Rachel

Rose Ann on 10:22 PM CDT said...

Both cards are so cute!! The little piggies are my favorite!!

Carolina on 2:30 AM CDT said...

Adorable cards hon! I've missed stopping by to see all your amazing stuff and this post was a fun way to get started! Hope school is good!

Yvonne Hagane on 10:17 AM CDT said...

I love both cards, they are so creative and fun!
Great job on the sketch!
Yvonne:)

Jessie/knightrone on 4:00 PM CDT said...

Totally cute!!

Monika/Buzsy on 9:25 PM CDT said...

Both cards are great Donna! Love the images and colors you used... those piggies are sooo cute! TFS!

Lori on 1:46 PM CDT said...

I like both cards, Donna! The piggie card is a great idea.

Emily Leiphart on 10:32 AM CDT said...

Your twirling piglets made me laugh! Love the tic tac birthday candles, too!

Post a Comment