Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hopping around with A Year of Leaves


year blog hop group Today Gina K. Designs is sharing samples made with Melanie’s new set A Year of Leaves.  I have stamped one sheet of cardstock that I turned into 6 cards for some Fall card giving.   Here is the photo of all of them.  In addition to the one sheet, I only used 2 sheets of Green Apple cardstock, 1 sheet of pumpkin spice and some scraps of pumpkin spice and chocolate kiss.  Embellishments are 14 copper brads & 6 bling & dazzle ivory sateen flowers from the Signs of Autumn stamp tv kit to complete the cards. 

year blog hop one sheet Here is the sheet of Ivory layering weight cardstock I stamped randomly with all the leaves in the set in 4 different fall colors.  I also used my color spritzer & marker for splatter and sponged on the edges of my main image once I cut all the sheets. 

year blog hopHere is design #1 and #2 I cut my main stamped panel to 3 3/4” by 4'”, chocolate layer 1 1/4” by 4 and pumpkin layer 1/2” by 4”.  I added my sentiments with memento rich cocoa ink. 

 

 

 

year blog hop2On design #2 I flipped the layout but kept the same elements. 

 

 

 


year blog hop3 On design #3 I used the remaining stamped layer and trimmed it slightly to 2 1/4” by 4 1/4” an the chocolate layer 2 1/2” x 4 1/4” – one of my ‘go to’ layouts.  I left my sentiments off so I can make this any occasion I need.  If you have not tried this type of stamping, I encourage you to.  You will be amazed at how quickly you can stamp 6 cards to have on hand!

year bookmarks

Lastly, I have a few bookmarks I made also using the set.  I wanted to send one to Cat along with a book for her to read while she recuperates from being in the hospital during our last release.  I couldn’t resist making myself one too!  I love the addition of the white accents from a prismacolor pencil.  They are just scored & folded pumpkin spice cardstock pieces with basic grey magnetic snaps on the inside to fold over your place in the book.

For even more inspiration, please visit our Illustrator of A Year of Leaves stamp set, Melanie Muenchinger's blog. You'll want to leave a comment on her blog because she is hosting a drawing for her gorgeous stamp set there tonight!
Melanie has asked her two guest designers to join in on her blog hop too:
Selma Stevenson
Karen Knegten

Also showcasing Year of Leaves stamp set samples tonight are these Gina K Designers:
Gina Krupsky
Carolyn King
Erika Martin
Jessica Fick
Kurtis Amundson
Lee Murphy
Theresa Momber
as well as our CenterStage Spotlight Designers:
Geri Utterback
Shelly Wilson
Tina Gilliland

Pin It

16 comments on "Hopping around with A Year of Leaves"

Tina on 10:15 PM CDT said...

Wow... very nice, Donna!!

Lori on 10:16 PM CDT said...

Fabulous Donna!!

Melissa on 10:20 PM CDT said...

What a great idea, I always forget I can stamp a whole sheet at once! Your cards are beautiful!

redwasher1 on 10:29 PM CDT said...

I never thought of that either. This totally rocks Donna!

Theresa Momber on 10:53 PM CDT said...

Wow, Donna! What a great card set and your bookmarks are stunning!

Payne Holler Cards on 11:38 PM CDT said...

what a great reminder that we CAN do more than one at a time!!! love this set and the bookmarks, you go girl! just so inspiring!!!
Linda

JessicaK on 2:28 AM CDT said...

Cool! I haven't done the 1-sheet treatment in a while and forgot how effective it can be. Beautiful card set.

NinaB on 3:29 AM CDT said...

Great idea and your cards are just my type - clean and simple, yet beautiful.

buggin2stamp on 6:14 AM CDT said...

Donna, your card set is awesome. And the bookmarks are a great way to use up the excess card stock.

Jennie on 8:30 AM CDT said...

Love this Donna! You know how to make the most of your time and this is a WONDERFUL idea! thanks for sharing and reminding me to try this myself!

Christi Flores on 10:58 AM CDT said...

Wow! I love everything Donna!!!

Lee on 2:31 PM CDT said...

Soooo gorgeous!!!! I totally need to stamp like this......instead of using printer paper and throwing it away!! LOL

Carolyn King on 2:32 PM CDT said...

what a great set---love how you did this!

Lori on 5:32 PM CDT said...

These cards are spectacular!!! The book marks are especially grand with the white gel pen, Donna.

Giovana on 6:55 PM CDT said...

Awesome collection!!
God bless
Giovana

Unknown on 9:44 PM CDT said...

Fun project, Donna!!!

Post a Comment