Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gina K. Preview Day 3:


seeds of kindness

Are you enjoying the designer’s previews so far?  Well we have some more for you!!  Today I am sharing a card I made using Seeds of Kindness, our new Card Kit stamp set!  It is a wonderful collection of potted plants and sentiments in true Gina K. style!  I chose to use the hanging plant which I had so much fun coloring with copics, I even tried my hand at a dotted background, with the help of this tutorial by Crissy Armstrong who is a fabulous artist!  I think I did o.k. – definitely want to get more lighter colored copics, but at least with the colors I chose, I was able to use Sweet Mango as one of my layers to tie it in!  I also used Basic Grey Origins pattern paper, black onyx, creme de menthe and lemon drop – a lot of colors but I truly love how this card turned out! 

For even more samples with the stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these designer's links:

Mark Your Calendars to attend our Release Party this Thursday, July 1st starting at 7 pm central on StampTV!  As usual, there will be challenges, contest questions, and more samples from our designers on all the new stamp sets being released this month!  We'd love to have you join in on the fun!

Pin It

19 comments on "Gina K. Preview Day 3:"

Kary on 10:45 PM CDT said...

Lovely card, Donna!!

JaniceAileen on 11:13 PM CDT said...

Beautiful card, Donna! That dotted background technique is cool--it kind of looked like the sky at sunset. :)

Erika Martin - Stampin' Mama on 11:35 PM CDT said...

So very pretty, Donna!

Lagene on 11:52 PM CDT said...

Sooo pretty!!!

Lee on 12:13 AM CDT said...

Very elegant!

Becky on 12:15 AM CDT said...

This is so lovely, love how you did the background.

Bev Gerard on 1:16 AM CDT said...

Beeeee-U-tiful color work & design, Donna! Those leaves are reaching out to the viewer!

Cat Tidwell on 8:01 AM CDT said...

LOVE the dotted background, I tried it too, had not seen Chrissy's work, I will def check that one out though! I just love how this hanging plant looks like its 'hanging'!!

Theresa Momber on 8:22 AM CDT said...

So beautiful, Donna! Wonderful colors.

Lori on 8:23 AM CDT said...

Fantastic coloring, Donna!!! I think the dotted bg is beautiful, great job, I'll have to give it a go, thanks!

colleen on 9:37 AM CDT said...

Oh Donna! I love love love this card!!! We have the same taste/style this time! LOL

Your coloring is gorgeous and I love the mix of colors. Super card!

Carla S. on 11:32 AM CDT said...

Beautiful card, Donna! I love the colors and papers! Your coloring is wonderful!

Melanie on 11:43 AM CDT said...

the dotted background turned out fabulous! Love the contrast of the black!

Carolyn King on 12:04 PM CDT said...

wow that is beautiful!

Rose Ann on 6:34 PM CDT said...

Such gorgeous coloring on this plant, Donna!! Beautiful card!!

Kathy Martin on 8:18 PM CDT said...

Love this card! Great hanging plant image! :)

Jessie/knightrone on 8:44 PM CDT said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna!!

Unknown on 1:12 PM CDT said...

This is drop dead gorgeous!!! Love your coloring, Donna!

Payne Holler Cards on 1:39 AM CDT said...

commented on stv but had to pop over here to tell you that this is my FAV! i love how you did this - will case very soon - at least try to anyway (-:

Post a Comment