Wednesday, June 16, 2010

SC285: Thank You


SC285 thank you

I need some Thank You cards since a few weeks ago I had a birthday and I want to send them to a few people who blessed me so on to today’s SCS sketch 285 for my starting point!  I knew I wanted to use Garden Party Critters by Taylored Expressions and reached for the Udderly Sweet Project Pantry kit for my cardstock, papers and embellishments because I wanted my cards to be super cheerful! IMG_0550

Here’s a close up of the Green Apple Smooch I colored the butterflies with!  I also added some Mango Kaiser Pearls to their bodies and in between the ‘inchies’.

 

SC285 thank you2

I used the same papers and cardstock on this other card, but used 2 different images on the inchies and used some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink which is a pretty blue to match my cardstock!

I hope you’re having a great week – it’s almost the weekend!  It’s been rough for me; every day after I get off work I have to lay my head down and take a cat nap alongside my cat Elsie and then I get to bed normal time too!  I’ve gotten back into reading again – one of my other hobbies which I missed while I was attending school.  I started reading Eat. Pray. Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and got about 100 pages in and had to put it down – the author is funny but the story was so slow.  So then I picked up Dear John by one of my favorite authors, Nicholas Sparks – it’s instantly good!  I’ve read quite a few of his books and have not been disappointed yet so I will continue with this one for now and maybe get back to the other one after!

Thanks for stopping by!

Pin It

4 comments on "SC285: Thank You"

Lori on 11:58 AM CDT said...

Both cards are fantastic, Donna! Great sketch, too. Nice to reading again, huh? I went through a period where I could only get into reading magazines, glad that's over.

Jessie/knightrone on 5:43 PM CDT said...

Very pretty!! Love the sketch!!

Kathy Martin on 8:34 PM CDT said...

Cute cards! The second is my fave! :)

Rose Ann on 10:15 AM CDT said...

Both of your cards are so fresh and beautiful, Donna...and I love the images!! Glad you are able to get back to the reading you enjoy so well!! Hugs!!

Post a Comment