Thursday, June 3, 2010

TE Sneak Peek: Hangin’ Out - at the Beach


beach scene

Are you enjoying all the TE Sneak peeks like me?  They’ve just been fabulous – I love the different styles represented with all the designers, everyone putting a unique spin on their creations!  Today I am sharing a card I made using the new Whimsical Wishes stamp set Hangin’ Out -at the Beach illustrated by Nancy McKinney!  I wanted to make a serene beach scene with inks so I went to Michelle Zindorf’s blog for inspiration, her tutorials are always so easy to follow.  I used copics to color my palm trees and paper-pieced the hammock (and I apologize I can’t remember what paper I used right now!)   This card makes me think of that I would LOVE to  put up a hammock at our property, not far from the house we have 3 trees that we could easily put up 3 hammocks!  How fun would that be? Here’s a tip: I brayered/sponged my background on a sheet of choice snow white cardstock and then stamped, colored, cut out & outlined the palm trees with a brown marker and glued them on, that way I didn’t have to mask anything.  I added a seagull at the top of the palm tree and a greeting hanging from the top of the card to finish off my card.

Sharing creations with Hangin’ Out-at the Beach:
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jeanie Witmer
Karen Motz
Sankari Wegman

Sharing 4th of July A La Carte stamps & 4th of July Bundle:
Alex Maldonado
Jackie Pedro
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melissa Sauls

Taylor Van Bruggen
and joining us again today are:
Jami Sibley

Nancy McKinney

Hope you have a great day and come back again tomorrow at 10 a.m. when all the offerings will be available for purchase in the TE store!

Pin It

9 comments on "TE Sneak Peek: Hangin’ Out - at the Beach"

Jodi Collins on 10:04 AM CDT said...

This is DREAMY Donna! I SO want to go to a tropical island now! LOVE the way you separated the sand and sea!! SO relaxing!

Taylor on 10:10 AM CDT said...

Jodi is totally right...what a dreamy scene you created with a little simple brayering! I'm feeling inspired to use my brayer again!

Carolina on 10:42 AM CDT said...

HAPPY, HAPPY, BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TO YOU! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TO YOU. LIGHT THOSE CANDLES AND BLOW!!! HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, TO YOU!!!

Lots of love and hugs with sprinkles on top!!!

LOOOOVE your scene. I want to color like you do when I grow up! The paper pieced hammock and your sentiment treatment are such a wonderful touch this exquisite card!

Jami on 11:16 AM CDT said...

That scene is so pretty and calming - the brayered/sponged BG is just PERFECT!!!

And Happy Birthday to you Donna! Jope you get to celebrate throughout the entire wekend!

DoodleFactory on 12:35 AM CDT said...

Hey Donna, hope you had a relaxing Birthday! I'd love a hammock within easy reach too - you should go for it!

Karen Giron on 12:43 AM CDT said...

This is so much fun! I love the little seagull on top of the tree and the tag with the twine is perfect!

Karen Motz on 8:16 AM CDT said...

This just screams summer and I can practically feel the warmth from this card!!

Monika/Buzsy on 1:39 PM CDT said...

Fabulous card Donna! Love the scene! Great background! :o)

Jessie/knightrone on 4:09 PM CDT said...

Totally fabulous, and Happy Birthday, sorry if I am late!!

Post a Comment