Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TE Sneak Peek: Summer Afternoon, Care & Comfort


summer

Welcome back for day 2 sneak peeks for Taylored Expressions!  The first set in which I made a summer vintage card, is Summer Afternoon, a beautiful solid image set in the Whimsical Wishes line with coordinating sentiments to create gorgeous Summer cards!  I have been using one of my very talented design team member’s tips (Jodi) and using lots of neutral cardstock layers (here I have a white layer on kraft cardstock), and combined it with some Basic Grey Basics Manila paper and a small snippet of Origins on the bottom.  Distressing the edges a little with antique linen distress ink gave this the classic vintage look that I am pleased with.  I also used some ivory silk ribbon, cream glitter candy dots, apple blossom flower with distress ink rubbed on and white crochet trim and crystal tiny twinkles adhered with some fantastic embellie jellie in a jiffy!  That stuff is a MUST HAVE if you love to embellish with tiny things!!

sfytt

My next card showcases Summer Afternoon with the addition of a sentiment from Care & Comfort, a beautiful script sentiment set in the Lasting Impressions line of stamps which includes timely Scriptures to comfort those who may be needing words of encouragement in the form of a handmade card. I used Jen’s sketch for you to try from this past weekend and chose to make this a monochromatic card, adding some prism medium suede brown cardstock to the Basic Grey Basics manila papers , in addition to a new Tim Holt distress ink, pumice stone.  I must get the rest of the Basics!!  I also added a cream glitter candy dot to the sentiment circle. 

sfytt close up

Lastly, I wanted to have some kind of pop on this card, so on the solid flowers I stamped, I colored with a chocolate brown copic atyou spica pen and covered them with crystal lacquer for an unexpected pretty shine!

Don’t forget to hop around the rest of the Baker’s Dozen blogs to be inspired by their creations:

Alex Maldonado
Carolina Buchting
Charmaine Ikach
Jackie Pedro
Jeanie Witmer
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Karen Motz
Melissa Sauls
Sankari Wegman
Taylor Van Bruggen

and joining us today are:
Jami Sibley

Nancy McKinney (Summer Afternoon illustrator)

Pin It

13 comments on "TE Sneak Peek: Summer Afternoon, Care & Comfort"

Taylor on 10:35 AM CDT said...

So pretty, Donna! I love the glaze you added to the poppies! Reminds me of the morning dew!

Jodi Collins on 10:37 AM CDT said...

These are BEAUTIFUL Donna! Gorgeous layouts and soft colors! I love the glaze as well and the big flower on the 1st card too!

Karen Giron on 11:19 AM CDT said...

These are so stunning!! I love the glaze on the flowers and the neutral look is gorgeous!

Jami on 11:55 AM CDT said...

Oh my heavens Donna - both cards are so soft and calming and beautiful!!!! WOW!

Alex Maldonado on 12:11 PM CDT said...

Im speechless girlfriend!! OMG how beautiful, actually beautiful is not even the word! AMAZING!! I believe you have my address, send them over, I'll wait :)

Melody on 1:30 PM CDT said...

Beautiful cards! Love the soft colors.

The Spotted Chick on 9:05 PM CDT said...

Whoa!! These are FABULOUS Donna!! Sooooo pretty!!

Lori on 7:29 AM CDT said...

Beautiful, Donna! Both are very peaceful, loving the embillies.

Karen Motz on 8:38 AM CDT said...

These are GORGEOUS Donna! LOVE the tone on tone of the neutral colours and the sparkly glossy look of the flowers in the second card is over the top!!!

Carolina on 10:45 AM CDT said...

STUNNING cards Donna! Love the monochromatic look with these sets. You gave each such a soft, elegant look...beautifully done!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 9:09 AM CDT said...

Just gorgeous, Donna! I LOVE how light and airy that first card is. . .just gorgeous!

Jessie/knightrone on 3:41 PM CDT said...

So super gorgeous girl!! Love them both!!

Sandra MacLean on 7:17 AM CDT said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna! It has the perfect paper and embellishments to compliment this set! So beautiful!

Post a Comment