Saturday, August 21, 2010

You’re a Star!!


star

Can you believe Summer is almost over??  I have to admit, I have mixed feelings about it; sad because short day Fridays at work are over but happy because it means the cooler weather is right around the corner and that means we’re moving soon too!   I have a few cards I haven’t shared on my blog yet so I have some posts to share when I get a chance while we prepare for the move (I packed up all my stamp stuff on Thu night – yikes!). 

This card uses the Gina K. Designs set Quite a Catch, which I adore!  I thought it would be fun to stamp the starfish on some Sweet Corn cardstock and outlined  him lightly with a yellow pencil and some glaze/glitter pens on his face!!

star close up

I stamped the seaweed onto turquoise sea cardstock and colored with Koh-i-Noor pencils. My card base is Creme de Menthe – I really like how these colors look together!  I used some fun easy-set eyelets with my oval greeting and made some zig zag stitching with black thread (after I made this card, I realized I should have layered a little black onyx cardstock somewhere).  Oh well.  I still adore the card because this starfish totally makes me smile!!  I hope it has the same effect on you too.

I appreciate you stopping by and ALWAYS cherish your kind comments!

Pin It

7 comments on "You’re a Star!!"

Michelle on 2:07 PM CDT said...

What a fun card! He definitely makes me smile and so do your happy colors. The bubble effect of the embossed layer is a lovely touch, too.

Patty Sue 2 on 2:47 PM CDT said...

Oh, this just to cute! I love how you presented the image and the coloring and the sparkle...I just love the card! Great job!

Kathy Martin on 3:30 PM CDT said...

Great card and sentiment! :)

Lori on 7:01 PM CDT said...

This is a very happy card! Your stamp stuff is packed? OH,NO! Since I read yesterdays email update from your dh, I have been thinking about it. Let me send you an email...

Jessie/knightrone on 9:51 PM CDT said...

What a cute card!! Hope you get to upack soon!!

Casmiles on 10:32 PM CDT said...

Donna - what a fabulous card! Loved - it. Which Embossing folder did you use? I'm so happy for you that your move is getting closer. It's fun keeping up with the progress and exciting too.

Joan Ervin on 11:58 PM CDT said...

This is such a fun card, Donna...gotta love that adorable little star fish!!!! I can't believe you are finally moving into you house...I am sooo excited for you and your family...WOOT!!!!

Post a Comment