Monday, August 9, 2010

Mojo Monday: Live * Laugh * Love


mojo080910

I can’t believe I didn’t stamp for 8 days – yikes! I guess that is one of the hazards of getting ready to move, right? 

Here is today’s Mojo Monday sketch card; it’s always a miracle when I make a card ON the day the challenge is posted!  I just adore the new TE Whimsical Wishes stamp set Tweet Hearts so I had to use it for my card.  I adore the images in the set because they are quite versatile!  I used the vase bottom and stamped a bunch of hearts because I thought they resembled some flowers!  I also added a few different sized clear Tiny Twinkles in the blooms for some added interest!  I love the fresh colors here!  The inks used are Vivid (tea rose and wild lime), perfect matches for the cardstock, paper & ribbon in the July key ingredients kit!

I’ll leave you with a few photos of the progress on the house – it’scraft room cabinets getting to be crunch time!  lots going on there this week – the cabinets are all stained (photo on the right – gorgeous, we LOVE the natural stain so the beautiful hickory shines through), the interior paint/trim is starting today and will be completed by Wednesday and our countertops will be installed on Thursday!  Friday our propane tank will come in and on Saturday, we have a deck being built from the back patio to the outdoor shower!  Oh and we still need to pick out tile for our bathrooms because it will be installed on Sat too!

window seat

Here’s another picture of the living room so you can see the bookshelves and window/baseboard trim.  It frames the windows so nicely {craftsman style}.  Now you can see how far the fireplace ‘bench’ extends into the living room. 

flower

Something fun we did on Sat after we went out to see the house, was go to a local landscaping company.  The place was beautiful, serene and peaceful!!  The flowering vine to the right is called Passion Vine and it attracts butterflies, which is something we would LOVE to have there! Isn’t it stunning?? We are trying to plan for natural yet beautiful landscaping that needs little maintenance.  Attracting butterflies and hummingbirds to the house is definitely high on the list in the planning. 

butterflies

While John was chatting with the owner who is also a botanist, I was entranced with the butterflies and took countless photos of them!  In the one on the left, you can see 4 monarchs flying around the flowers!  I found out she has yoga classes there on Saturday mornings in the garden, I do believe that’s something I may have to sign up for once we move, I used to love doing yoga.

butterfly close up

This is the last photo I took, so pleased with the outcome, I wasn’t aware that my camera had a foliage setting on it!  Look how vibrant the colors are, I didn’t even alter this photo before I uploaded it!  It’s amazing there are thriving plants in this heat.  Next week John is meeting with the botanist to consult about what would be best for us to plant and get a plan together for after Sept. 15th to plant when it cools down a little around here!  I’ve never been much of a yard work, planting type of gal although about 8 yrs ago we planted a small vegetable garden, but I have to admit, I believe I will enjoy working on things around the property, I will have a bigger sense of ownership having the land rather than a ‘lot’ in the city and of course, it will lend itself to the overall peaceful feeling there!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Hope you have a great week! 

Pin It

11 comments on "Mojo Monday: Live * Laugh * Love"

Unknown on 8:42 PM CDT said...

Lovely card! Definitely one of my favorites using this sketch. Wonderful job!

Rose on 7:32 AM CDT said...

Such a pretty card! Love it!

Lori on 8:55 AM CDT said...

Clever! Hearts as flowers, looks fantastic. Great pics, yoga in the gardens sounds wonderful, hope you get a chance to go, once your settled.

Jodi Collins on 11:30 AM CDT said...

This is AWESOME Donna! LOVE how you used the hearts as a cluster of flowers!!! The house looks amazing!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:57 PM CDT said...

I LOVE what you did with the birdbath stem and the hearts, Donna! Fantastic! Wow, you're house is coming along so quickly! I'll bet you can't wait!

Jessie/knightrone on 11:05 PM CDT said...

This is completly cute!!

Unknown on 4:00 AM CDT said...

A really lovely card. Very fresh.

Carolina on 12:49 PM CDT said...

Your card is just adorable Donna!

So excited to see the house come together...love how you framed the windows and the fireplace looks amazing! Hope you'll be able to do a virtual tour...though my really hope is that we lived closer...Hugs & Love!

Joan Ervin on 10:10 AM CDT said...

Hey Miss Donna...looks like you are heading towarnd the finish line with the house...love the trim details and the fireplace is FABULOUS!!!! Hope all the finishing touches are completed quickly and your move goes smoothly!!!! Love your sweet card, too...the new TE stamps are sooo cute and what a great design!!!

Julee (Vervegirl) on 3:38 PM CDT said...

Oh, this is absolutely beautiful! Love the fresh colors! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday! :)

Monika/Buzsy on 8:51 AM CDT said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Love the colors and that image! Your house is coming along nicely! You must be so excited! :o)

Post a Comment