Thursday, August 26, 2010

Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Frame Your Imagination Stand


woodencalendarstand(resize)

Today, Taylor & half the Baker’s Dozen Design Team are spotlighting our Frame Your Imagination Stands for you!

This wooden stand is hand-crafted, beautifully sanded, and ready to accept a coat of paint or stain in the color of your choice. The stand was designed to coordinate with the Taylored Expressions calendar inserts, but it can be used in many other ways, as we will show you today; you can display your 6x6 scrapbook layouts, recipes, or Bible verses. The stand comes with two binder rings as shown.

frame product focus

I ‘imagined’ making a recipe stand for my project, and am happy with how it turned out!  I printed the vertical recipe cards from the digital download section in the store onto Choice Buttercream cardstock, cut them out and adhered onto cardstock so they could be double-sided.  I prepped my stand with several coats of latte acrylic paint, measured the stand using my Tim Holtz ruler to be sure I got accurate measurements and amazingly enough, it took LESS than one sheet of 12 x 12 pattern paper to cover it!  I finished the stand off with some brown & cream polka dot ribbon which is my favorite, adhered with some sticky tape.

IMG_0830

Here is a close up of the sides of the frame, I cut the circle out of the paper with a fingertip craft knife (this is a MUST-HAVE tool for me since you can cut with precision and great control), and a vertical slit from the top to the circle and slipped it under the frame.  Once glued down, you can’t even see the seam!  The Frame Your Imagination Stands is on sale for a limited time (July  26 - 29) for 15% off!!  So grab one for yourself to alter and either make another for a friend or send an unfinished one for her to alter! 

Before you head off to shop in the TE store, let’s go take a look at what the other ladies have to share with us using the stand:

Charmaine Ikach
Jodi Collins
Karen Giron
Melissa Sauls
Taylor Van Bruggen

Thanks for stopping by today – I hope you have a great day!!

Pin It

12 comments on "Center of Attention Product Spotlight - Frame Your Imagination Stand"

Karen Giron on 10:19 AM CDT said...

This is so beautiful! how cute will this look in your new kitchen? Brilliant!

Lori on 10:24 AM CDT said...

I love your spotlight posts! This is gorgeous, I didn't even know Taylor had these! Going to check out the rest.

Jodi Collins on 10:31 AM CDT said...

This is AWESOME Donna! LOVE how you used the patterned paper! Totally perfect!!

Alex Maldonado on 10:56 AM CDT said...

Donna this is sooo elegant!! I love the papers you used! It's absolutely gorgeous!! :)

Rose Ann on 4:26 PM CDT said...

I love how you've altered your stand, Donna...and what a great idea to use for recipes!! I can just imagine this sitting on your new granite counter tops!! ;)

Jeanette on 4:47 PM CDT said...

So, so wonderful. I just the the frame decoration.

Taylor on 6:31 PM CDT said...

So fun for your new kitchen, Donna! Love the ribbon treatment!

Melissa Sauls on 11:13 PM CDT said...

Oh Donna this is just tooo cute! I love that you covered with patterned paper and ribbon...just yum!!

Regina Mangum on 9:27 PM CDT said...

What a fun idea, Donna! So pretty!

Carolina on 2:24 AM CDT said...

How adorable this turned out! I can't wait to see pics of it in your new kitchen. BTW - do you have a color scheme?

Let me know when is a good time to chat...miss you immensely!!! I made the crazy decision to redesign my studio in the middle of trying to sell the house - I know what was I thinking?! Anywho, let me know when might be good time to chat. HUGS & Love!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) on 8:58 PM CDT said...

I love this, Donna! that is going to look fabulous in your new kitchen! :)

Bev Gerard on 1:47 AM CDT said...

Oh my, oh my! This is an awesome idea, Donna! Perfect for your new kitchen ... love the paper & ribbon! (Must share your project with DH .... he enjoys seeing the great ideas made up with these.) ;o)

(((hugs)))
Bev

Post a Comment