Sunday, April 15, 2007

Jen's Blogger Challenge #4 & SCS FS10 Challenge


This is my first time participating in Jen's Blogger Challenge (thanks for simplifying the contest*wink*) and I made the time to play this time! Jen's challenge this week was to use any acrylic stamp set & background paper. Of course I had to use my new Butterfly Kisses & Papertray sentiment stamps sets from Papertrey Ink (shhh...don't tell anyone but I've had them for over 2 weeks and have now just had the time to play with them!) It was SO fun to use them!! I'm no longer an acrylic stamp virgin. I adore these stamps - Nichole has created some awesome stamp sets & they debut the 15th of each month. I LOVE her countdowns with small glimpses of the sets leading up to the debut. She even had a special edition set called Green Thumb mid-month which is adorable & so versatile! If you've never heard of these sets which are all the hype on blogs, SCS, etc...check out Nichole's blog {capture the moment} it's great!! I'm going to send this RAK as a Thank You to Charmwarm who sent me some OODAGOODIES the other day!

I missed a few Featured Stamper Challenges and have been bummed so I decided to combine these 2! Rohla is the FS10 this week and here is her Eat Cake card I CASED. I changed up the stamp sets & colors but kept the same layout with embellishments.

O.k. on to the details on my card: I used Whisper White, Cool Caribbean, Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink cardstock. Inks used were Cool Caribbean & Chocolate Chip. Embellishments used were silver brads & chocolate ribbon I got at the Dollar Tree. I spponged and drew the butterfly trail & antennae with my chocolate chip marker. I used my new Basic Grey Phoebe 6x6 paper pad too (o.k. I'm confused about how to spell this because I noticed other people and I have too type Pheobe. So naturally I looked ON the paper pad to see what it says and surprisingly it has BOTH spellings!! If you don't believe me - check yours if you have it. Maybe mine was a misprint??! I got my paper pad from Tracey at Starving Artistamps and I LOVE it! I love these colors!


Pin It

5 comments on "Jen's Blogger Challenge #4 & SCS FS10 Challenge"

Suz on 6:16 PM CDT said...

Very nice card! Aren't those challenges fun? Love your take on it!

Suz

Allison Rankin on 9:04 PM CDT said...

This is awesome...like how you attached the sentiment!

Kristine on 12:12 AM CDT said...

Awe...you have this set??!!! I'm so jealous now. I love this set and you did such a great job on the "challenge"...hard huh? :o) Lol!

Ana Wohlfahrt on 2:05 PM CDT said...

very pretty!! Great job on Jen's challenge..tfs

Jeanine Eckert on 10:23 PM CDT said...

What a great color combo!

Post a Comment