Sunday, April 15, 2007

Teacher of the Year Shadowbox



I was asked by a co-worker to make a congratulatory card for his wife who got Teacher of the Year at her school - what an accomplishment! He wanted it to be something she could 'display' as well. I was inspired by Valerie Stangle's Flowers for a Friend shadowbox so I went over to SCS for the tutorial to try it out. I couldn't believe how easy it was! What a great way to showcase something special!! I'm so glad I have the coluzzle which is perfect for this type of project! I typed the message in Word using an oval shape & it came out perfect! Used Bashful Blue (he said pale blue is her fave color) and Chocolate Chip because I love blue & brown together!! Used Both Way Blossoms (first time it's been inked!) and Floral BG in craft ink for the outside. Also pale blue gingham ribbon was the final touch. Thanks for your inspiration, Val!!
Pin It

2 comments on "Teacher of the Year Shadowbox"

Kristine on 12:11 AM CDT said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! I just LOVE the soft and beautiful look of this color and rose stamp together. You did an awesome job on this and his wife will surely be WOWED!! :o)

Jeanine Eckert on 10:22 PM CDT said...

What a perfect card - love it!

Post a Comment