Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Get 'Krafty' with it - Gina K style


Did you know the lovely Joanne hosts a challenge every Monday in the Gina K Challenge Forum where you can participate & be in a drawing for a free stamp set??  Go grab a Gina K set & your kraft cardstock, ribbon, whatever that is 'kraft' and try to win!  

Here's a card I made for the release using Kraft cardstock but haven't uploaded yet.  I wanted to be sure to share with those of you who were not at the release party because it uses the new one free with 3 set, 'Tag Lines' with 18 sentiments there is sure to be something to add to most of the cards you need to create on a regular basis - an ESSENTIAL in your stamping arsenal!  For this card, I stamped the girls from Best Friends on kraft and colored them in with prismacolor pencils.  I use so much designer paper that for this one I wanted to show you how quickly you can make your own!  On one acrylic block, I placed 3 sentiments: You're the Best, You Totally Rock and Love You and stamped them in rows on vanilla cardstock, added a cluster of gold stars frm Little Tees, then distressed it with my distress tool and sponged on several colors of Ranger Distress ink (sorry I forgot all the names of the colors).  I still ended up using scraps of dp; DCWV Rock Star stack stamped with a greeting from 'The Best Things in Life' and embellished with a few Basic Grey buttons.  This would make a fun card to send to a girlfriend of any age!  

Here is the link to the forum with instructions for uploading your creation (you have until next Mon Feb 16 9:00 a.m. to upload you creation) 
Pin It

6 comments on "Get 'Krafty' with it - Gina K style"

Christi Flores on 8:55 AM CST said...

This is awesome!! I love it!!

jacque4u2c on 9:03 AM CST said...

This is so cute! I love the colors, the detail - everything! Very cute!

Unknown on 9:30 AM CST said...

What a great card Donna! Thanks for linking up my challenge! ;-)

Jessie/knightrone on 8:09 PM CST said...

Super duper cute Donna!!

Sharri on 10:58 PM CST said...

Great job on the krafty challenge!

Carolina on 11:27 PM CST said...

Ohhh, love this card! Reminds me of retro cards...love it!

Post a Comment