Saturday, February 21, 2009

Masculine Birthday cards courtesy of Gina K


I think one of my least made cards are masculine ones, but here are a few I've had to make recently to share with you. The first one uses Gina K Designs Tree Silhouettes in which I used her thumping technique (here is a link where you can watch a video where Gina shows you how it's done on StampTV and a link for you to play along & perhaps win a free GK set!) I thought this set showcases this technique so beautifully!

The sentiment used is from the current one free with 3 set, Tag Lines and I used my word window punch for it. I just love the Basic Grey Granola paper pad with great masculine colors & patterns. I followed the 2 Sketches 4 You sketch by Kazan from this week for my card (I love their sketches and have missed participating in them!) This card was perfect for great uncle Otto who turns 102 this week. On the inside I handwrote a collaborative poem (with the help of my DH, FIL & MIL). It reads:

"Your turning 102 is special to me.
May the Lord continue to bless you,
Like a beautiful Oak tree
that graces us with its Beauty."

My other card uses Gina K's How Sweet It is set (which a portion of the sale goes to the American Diabetes Association) and Just so Sporty set for the sentiment. This card was made for my FIL who LOVES ice cream! I thought personalizing the ice cream dish with DAD would be fun! He got a kick out of it! I also used the Basic Grey Granola paper & buttons for this card & tied white cotton thread through them. The image is colored with Koh-i-Noor pencils.
Pin It

6 comments on "Masculine Birthday cards courtesy of Gina K"

Sharri on 9:21 PM CST said...

Donna,
I love these! They are just perfect for the men!

Unknown on 10:38 AM CST said...

Donna you did a fabulous job on the Man cards - I struggle with them too.
Thanks so much for playing
:) Kazan

Rose Ann on 1:14 PM CST said...

Great masculine cards, Donna! Your trees are gorgeous, and your icecream is yummy (love the personalization!!

Jessie/knightrone on 1:21 PM CST said...

Fabulous cards...wow 102, good for him!!

Carolina on 3:55 PM CST said...

Adorable cards friend...I have such a hard time making masculine cards and so inspired by what you've done here! Hope you have a great week!

cnelson on 11:07 PM CST said...

fabulous cards!

Post a Comment