Monday, April 6, 2009

From Courtney’s Closet-Bandana Technique revised


FCC37 bandana

Check out my {revised} Bandana Technique card I made inspired by Libby’s cutie Courtney that I made for From Courtney’s Closet #37 this week!

courtney

I totally adore her outfit (well ALL of them) and was so excited to realize my new SU! hostess set Itty Bitty blooms was going to be PERFECT to make a revised bandana technique card! Traditionally, the technique is executed with stamping on white cardstock and with black ink & sponging on colors, then putting white pen highlights. Well, I decided a quicker way to do it would be stamping it on red cardstock (her outfit is not multi-colored after all) and using my white gel pen for accents. It was SO fun! I finished off my card with some black gingham ribbon & a sentiment from Gina K Designs called Tag Lines…I’m going to send this to a special stamping friend this week!

Pin It

5 comments on "From Courtney’s Closet-Bandana Technique revised"

mel m. m. mccarthy on 8:13 AM CDT said...

Oh man oh MAN you are way too clever with the way you revised the bandanna technique. You're making my brain go crazy with ideas. It looks soooooh stunning on red. It'd be nifty on patterned paper too. LOVE it! Thanks so much for the gorgeous inspiration. You ROCK!!!! :O)

jacque4u2c on 8:58 AM CDT said...

This is just to cute!

Libby Hickson on 2:28 PM CDT said...

This is so great Donna! Wish I had those stamps for my card! And wow you added all that white by hand - very cool! Thanks so much for playing this week!! And just an fyi, now that I have the "real" post up I'm going to delete that previous one, so if you don't mind updating my link, it's now: http://stampinlibby.blogspot.com/2009/04/from-courtneys-closet-37-very-very-late.html

Thanks Donna, YOU ROCK!!!

Alex on 12:16 AM CDT said...

Totally cute Donna!! Love what you did for Libby's pic this week!! I hope to play along tomorrow! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Cat Tidwell on 11:17 AM CDT said...

Omg! This is awesome Donna! LOVE that bandanna technique you have done, must try this!

Post a Comment